Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What car mount do you use?

post links to yours and how you like it please

thanks!

Default Re: What car mount do you use?

I'm waiting on the official car dock as we speak.

I have the Official HTC car dock and the iBolt dock. They both work very well as long as you are using HTC's Car app. If you are using a third party car dock app like "Car home Ultra" then the app will not auto launch when you put your phone into the dock. Does not even give you the choice to choose a default app to launch. This is something that HTC has changed in sense or it is a bug.

Amazon.com: HTC One Car Kit - Car D160: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories

I don't like the official car mount because you can't use a case with it.
    I'm using this one right now, it is really well built. And for $13, it's a no-brainer.
    les7699 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

There's only one really good one, and that's ProClip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Note II stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)
    KoukiFC3S and SeanBlader like this.

I use the Exomount. I use it in the house, out and about etc, as it can be used in multiple surfaces. I had the opportunity to review it a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by dragone7e View Post
    I don't like the official car mount because you can't use a case with it.
    I'm using this one right now, it is really well built. And for $13, it's a no-brainer.
    I like that one. How is the build quality?

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I have the Official HTC car dock and the iBolt dock. They both work very well as long as you are using HTC's Car app. If you are using a third party car dock app like "Car home Ultra" then the app will not auto launch when you put your phone into the dock. Does not even give you the choice to choose a default app to launch. This is something that HTC has changed in sense or it is a bug.

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I am on AT&T and they have hidden the stock HTC app and added their own. Is there a way of un-hiding the app??

Quote Originally Posted by livetoride4666 View Post
    I am on AT&T and they have hidden the stock HTC app and added their own. Is there a way of un-hiding the app??
    You can unhide it with an app launcher or a different home launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    You can unhide it with an app launcher or a different home launcher.
    you can use the app quick shortcuts to make a shortcut to it on your home screen if you don't want to use a third party launcher. Unfortunately, it will remain hidden in the app drawer but at least you can get to it from your home screens.
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    There's only one really good one, and that's ProClip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    This. Though I just use the plate and bought a separate universal mount so I can use it with a case on.

I previously used this one for both a Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 and am now using it with my One. They're not kidding about the super strong suction--strongest I've ever used, actually takes some serious effort to remove it from the windshield.

are the best all around car mounts available. No frills, but they will hold your device where it is supposed to be, no questions asked.

Windshield, Vent. Didn't work for me, loose & unsecured.

Not only Mountek is the best & secured but being a CD mount the position is perfect reach and viewing angle.

This is the one I'm using too... It works surprisingly well, but it very much depends on where the cd player is in your car as to how well it'll work.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

I use the official HTC ONE car dock and it is great. Strong, stable and built well. Unit slides in and connects good.

Quote Originally Posted by WAXACE View Post
    I use the official HTC ONE car dock and it is great.
    Meh, won't work with a case.
    les7699 likes this.

I just got the official HTC car dock yesterday, and it's actually really nice. I have a Proclips base unit mounted to the center vent and the HTC dock mounted to that via sticky disk. Base in that location puts the phone in great position, and the HTC dock seems great so far. Nearly infinitely adjustable withing a given range (two articulating ball joints), and allows landscape orientation of the phone, which a lot of docks don't do. All in all, very happy with it so far.

I am a huge fan of the ProClip base mounts and the SlipGrip attached to it. I've been using this setup for several years with a couple different cars and devices. the reason I like the SlipGrip is because it holds the phone securely, but is also easy to insert and remove. Also, they make versions for a number of different case options, or naked. And if they don't have one for the case you are using, they probably will soon. This is the setup for my Note 2 and made to fit the Seidio Active case. Sorry, I have not taken a photo yet with the phone mounted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What car mount do you use?-20130228_200857.jpg   What car mount do you use?-20130301_011446.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by livetoride4666 View Post
    Quickshortcutmaker. It's an app in the play store. U can make a shortcut to every app that's hidden on the att version. Car mode, flash light etc etc
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,608 Global Posts

I use the pro clip universal mount and it fits like a glove. The car app also launches automatically when my phone connects to my car's bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    I like that one. How is the build quality?
    The build quality is excellent, feels like it'll stand for a long time.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.

correct, but I find that I don't want a case on this phone. Just a screensaver possibly, but not necessary... I use the universal pouch seen below and the mount. Clean, not bulking up the phone and together a good pair. Plenty big enough for the phone, rotating back clip, leather and a front pocket for paper , money or c/c....

I picked this one up .. Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: GPS & Navigation

I pretty much only listen to Sirius, so no loss of the CD slot. Its very sturdy and adjusts as I like it.
    Tubes make music sound they way it should, everything else is just nice sounding noise...
    les7699 likes this.

I use the kidigi car dock, is great and also the desktop dock, kidigi make excellent products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast