Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adriandb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default LTE toggle

Are there any apps that can toggle on/off the LTE on the phone? (e.g., drop down to HSPA or 3G)

Default Re: LTE toggle

The one in HD Widgets is kinda lame. It just brings you to that section in the settings. I'd love to find this too.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Hmm I see a toggle to turn off the data, but what's the one that would let me switch between 3G/LTE?

I love SwitchPro Widget & it has a "4G" toggle--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alei.switchpro

I unfortunately can't confirm if that particular toggle works the way you want as my N4 doesn't have the LTE radio enabled, but you can give it a shot & quickly refund if it doesn't work.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    The one in HD Widgets is kinda lame. It just brings you to that section in the settings. I'd love to find this too.
    They probably all do that. Power Widgets developer says it's a limitation that developers can't get around. He talks about it in the FAQs for the app.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

From Power Toggles:

*GPS / NFC toggle opens the settings page instead

Direct GPS / NFC toggle is not possible due to security restrictions on android. Only the 'Power Control' widgets which comes preinstalled with the device can do this.

However if the device is rooted you can get single click GPS / NFC toggle. You will have to install the application as a system app. To move it to system app use any available program like '/system/app mover' or 'Titanium Backup' or any similar program available on Android Market.

*2G-3G toggle opens the settings page instead

It is not possible to toggle directly between 2G and 3G plans due to security restrictions in android. It can only be done from the settings screen.

Tip: You can also use the 'Mobile Data' toggle with 'Double Click' enabled to get to the settings page. This way you can save space for one more toggle.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    They probably all do that. Power Widgets developer says it's a limitation that developers can't get around. He talks about it in the FAQs for the app.
    I assumed as much. Thanks for the info.
    gnr_2 likes this.