Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Tried connecting it to a power source etc - but nothing. Wtf?!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-21-2014 at 06:05 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Try holding the power button and the volume up at the same time for at least 10sec.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 3:
    Gin Pa likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonedefecter View Post
    Tried connecting it to a power source etc - but nothing. Wtf?!
    The SAME exact thing happened to me this morning. If hold the power button and volume button the phone vibrates and does nothing.

    When plugging it in to charge the LED does not even turn on.
    Kyocera Koi<Samsung Instinct<Helio Ocean<HTC Touch Pro<Helio Ocean 2<Palm Pre<HTC EVO 4G<HTC EVO 3D<HTC EVO 4G LTE<HTC One
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    The SAME exact thing happened to me this morning. If hold the power button and volume button the phone vibrates and does nothing.

    When plugging it in to charge the LED does not even turn on.
    I called HTC who advised the reboot thing - did nothing - they admitted it might be a "software issue", getting sent a replacement by Monday by the company I ordered it from. Pretty **** tbh.
    Last edited by iphonedefecter; 05-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonedefecter View Post
    I called HTC who advised the reboot thing - did nothing - they admitted it might be a "software issue", getting sent a replacement by Monday by the company I ordered it from. Pretty **** tbh.
    I kept.holding down the power button and after 8 seconds the phone would vibrate and do nothing else. After awhile it stopped.vibrating after that duration, and when I plugged it in and it started charging. I was able to turn it on and it's working perfectly. The battery was drained about 30%
    Kyocera Koi<Samsung Instinct<Helio Ocean<HTC Touch Pro<Helio Ocean 2<Palm Pre<HTC EVO 4G<HTC EVO 3D<HTC EVO 4G LTE<HTC One
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    I kept.holding down the power button and after 8 seconds the phone would vibrate and do nothing else. After awhile it stopped.vibrating after that duration, and when I plugged it in and it started charging. I was able to turn it on and it's working perfectly. The battery was drained about 30%
    I've tried all this - phone was fully charged when it went kapoot. I've tried every combination of trying to reboot - nothing.
    rocco9 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonedefecter View Post
    I've tried all this - phone was fully charged when it went kapoot. I've tried every combination of trying to reboot - nothing.
    Time to send that **** back to HTC and demand it a better one.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    Time to send that **** back to HTC and demand it a better one.
    done. Should be here on Monday.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonedefecter View Post
    done. Should be here on Monday.
    Did you demand that they make the screen flush and ensure that there will be no other build quality issues? If I were you, I would have gotten angry and demanded nothing but perfection. These companies are here to serve us, you should expect nothing less than the best from them when you're paying for a product.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    Did you demand that they make the screen flush and ensure that there will be no other build quality issues? If I were you, I would have gotten angry and demanded nothing but perfection. These companies are here to serve us, you should expect nothing less than the best from them when you're paying for a product.
    I spent the good part of an hour on the phone to my provider who couldn't replace a phone in store because I bought it online :-/ I've got to do a swap where I give them the brick for a new one. I hope it's not typical of a HTC Android experience as I really like the phone.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Thanks so much alvin319 !! I LOVE YOU!! Had the same problem with my phone...and did what you said...it worked!!!! You ROCK!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Mine just did the same thing. I had success with the on button and volume... after 15 seconds. Bit of a worry!

    Is HTC doing something about this... IS there a software update to fix this?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    I had this exact thing happen to me about 15 minutes ago. I held the power and volume button at the same time for 2 minutes then let go. I then tried to turn it back on and had no problems just had to keep it plugged it and charging. I had a fully charged battery when it suddenly turned off and after holding both buttons, when I turned it on it was at 1% so I have left it charging. Good luck anyone with this problem.
  14. #14  

    Unhappy Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    My phone turned off yesterday and I've tried every permutation and combination mentioned here and elsewhere. Anyone having the same problems ?
  15. #15  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    No problems here. What happens when you connect it to a pc?

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonedefecter View Post
    I spent the good part of an hour on the phone to my provider who couldn't replace a phone in store because I bought it online :-/ I've got to do a swap where I give them the brick for a new one. I hope it's not typical of a HTC Android experience as I really like the phone.
    It's not. You'll get a good second one. Unless you've otherwise ruined your personal karma.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Nothing. I just get that certain sound which windows makes when you connect a usb device but nothing else. The device isn't charging itself also.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    I posted a similar question in the 'bug thread' awhile back. I had the same issue, Sprint ended up having to give me a new one. Looks like I'm not the only one....
  19. #19  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Just turned my phone into htc. They'll be replacing the motherboard they say. I hope they give me back it in the pristine condition in which I gave for repairs. :/
  20. #20  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Usually it happens to S3 and S4,it's only the 2nd time over a year I see an HTC device dying like that,the other one was a One X developer edition (beta).
    I never had hardware problems with HTC phones since the Nexus 1,though perhaps the stabilizer of the camera on the One is broken this time for me
  21. #21  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    OMg Thank you!! The One X Models have so many issues. I thought the sim card issue was bad, the power issue is worse!
  22. #22  

    Unhappy Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Thank goodness for this thread! Mine turned back on after I pressed power and volume up for a good bit..but oddly it showed the battery being at 3% when it was fully charged an hour or two before. Is this going to happen again? I have noticed my HTC sense getting slower and needing a long time to load. Would a factory reset help any of that?
  23. #23  

    Angry Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    I have the exact same problem as Harangad Chaudhary .... looks as if I'm going to be talking to HTC for a new mb
  24. #24  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    Help Me !!! I just has this problem.... My phone was at about 90% battery and I was charging it. Then I restart the phone... but phone went dead.... no charging light ... was try hit volume up and power button but noting happen.... volume down and power button but nothing happen....
    My phone was on 4.2.2 (already factory reset after updated) , not rooted...
  25. #25  

    Default Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

    This happened to me a couple of months ago a few weeks after I had first gotten the phone, nothing I did would get it to reboot. It came back on by itself a few hours later, but then died again within 30 minutes. Ended up having to get a replacement unit from T-Mobile.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phone turning itself off randomly
    By starsofthelid in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 09:22 AM
  2. Nexus7 turns itself off with cover closed ...
    By BritBlokeNJ in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 05:27 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 11:40 PM
  4. NFC Turns itself off
    By jjt981 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
  5. Phone turns itself off
    By plaid#ac in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

B