Found solution to remove Facebook from Gallery

ZekkRagnos

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I found the solution for mine! first log in to facebook and also the facebook app. Once your logged in go to settings/apps/facebook and disable the app, go back to the gallery and remove facebook. You will now see facebook pictures removed. Go back to settings and apps and enable facebook app once again. Open the app and you should be logged in and go to gallery and you shall not see facebook pictures!

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Or HTC can just allow us to choose to disable it in the gallery. I don't like this jumping hurdles for something that should be a simple option.

anekin007

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll give this a try. Every other method I use the phone magically puts it back in. One time I even got the blank friends box to disappear but the phone reinstalled it back with facebook.

oceanbeat

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I found the solution for mine! first log in to facebook and also the facebook app. Once your logged in go to settings/apps/facebook and disable the app, go back to the gallery and remove facebook. You will now see facebook pictures removed. Go back to settings and apps and enable facebook app once again. Open the app and you should be logged in and go to gallery and you shall not see facebook pictures!

How You remove Facebook from the gallery? I don't see that option.

ZekkRagnos

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Can't remove FB account from Gallery once I disable the FB app... Can you tell exactly where I should disable the app first (is it under "downloaded" or "all" section in Apps?) and how exactly I should remove FB from Gallery?

You must be logged in the facebook app before doing this. Just go to settings/apps/ under downloaded look for Facebook, force close it and disable it, go check your gallery and you will not see Facebook's pictures anymore, go back and enable facebook app and you should stay logged in the app and no facebook photos in your gallery! Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Jrosy1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Rndomuser, I wonder if just going to albums in the gallery, and tapping the three dots opening the show/hide albums section and taking the check mark out of Facebook would work for you? ZekkRagnos' excellent fix was what worked for me, but I don't have Facebook in my blinkfeed.

edmund84

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks it works for me, but there is still friends in the gallery it would be better if it will be remove

Posted via Android Central App

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
This doesn't work for me. When I try to remove the Facebook from gallery it won't let me. Click on it and it gives no option.?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

johnny--2k

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
No Bueno... It also disables facebook sync for the contacts, so when you re-enable the contacts sync, it restarts facebook and viola.....pics in gallery again.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Annoying! OK so I got rid of the Facebook when I go into my gallery but I still get this image when first opening my gallery. It says friends... I don't want it to show up! Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372768225776.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372768225776.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 53