Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Found solution to remove Facebook from Gallery

I found the solution for mine! first log in to facebook and also the facebook app. Once your logged in go to settings/apps/facebook and disable the app, go back to the gallery and remove facebook. You will now see facebook pictures removed. Go back to settings and apps and enable facebook app once again. Open the app and you should be logged in and go to gallery and you shall not see facebook pictures!
    Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Found solution to remove Facebook from Gallery

Or HTC can just allow us to choose to disable it in the gallery. I don't like this jumping hurdles for something that should be a simple option.
    Gator352, Wen Pai and les7699 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    Or HTC can just allow us to choose to disable it in the gallery. I don't like this jumping hurdles for something that should be a simple option.
    But until then at least this works
    mysterygirl and Gator352 like this.

I'll give this a try. Every other method I use the phone magically puts it back in. One time I even got the blank friends box to disappear but the phone reinstalled it back with facebook.

Seems to work. Did it yesterday and still Facebook still hasn't encroached on my gallery. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ZekkRagnos View Post
    I found the solution for mine! first log in to facebook and also the facebook app. Once your logged in go to settings/apps/facebook and disable the app, go back to the gallery and remove facebook. You will now see facebook pictures removed. Go back to settings and apps and enable facebook app once again. Open the app and you should be logged in and go to gallery and you shall not see facebook pictures!
    How You remove Facebook from the gallery? I don't see that option.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,655 Global Posts

Does it survive a reboot?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yes it does

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Rndomuser View Post
    Can't remove FB account from Gallery once I disable the FB app... Can you tell exactly where I should disable the app first (is it under "downloaded" or "all" section in Apps?) and how exactly I should remove FB from Gallery?
    You must be logged in the facebook app before doing this. Just go to settings/apps/ under downloaded look for Facebook, force close it and disable it, go check your gallery and you will not see Facebook's pictures anymore, go back and enable facebook app and you should stay logged in the app and no facebook photos in your gallery! Enjoy!

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

So much better :thumbup:

It worked. Thank you!
    HTC One 32GB (silver), Nexus 4 16GB, iPhone 4s 16GB, Nexus 7 16GB

Rndomuser, I wonder if just going to albums in the gallery, and tapping the three dots opening the show/hide albums section and taking the check mark out of Facebook would work for you? ZekkRagnos' excellent fix was what worked for me, but I don't have Facebook in my blinkfeed.

This worked for me! Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks it works for me, but there is still friends in the gallery it would be better if it will be remove

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Thanks a lot mate, it worked for me.

This doesn't work for me. When I try to remove the Facebook from gallery it won't let me. Click on it and it gives no option.?

No Bueno... It also disables facebook sync for the contacts, so when you re-enable the contacts sync, it restarts facebook and viola.....pics in gallery again.

You can also just go to Facebook (desktop) > Privacy Settings > Apps > and remove HTC Sense app...

There is a mod posted on XDA that supposedly does that.

Here: [MOD]Remove facebook images in gallery - xda-developers
    HTC One 32GB Silver - TrickDroid 7.5.0 - S-OFF and Super CID

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Revolution HD 10.2

BlackBerry 9900

Annoying! OK so I got rid of the Facebook when I go into my gallery but I still get this image when first opening my gallery. It says friends... I don't want it to show up! Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found solution to remove Facebook from Gallery-uploadfromtaptalk1372768225776.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    Seems to work. Did it yesterday and still Facebook still hasn't encroached on my gallery. Thanks!
    It's just kind of a drag that you can remve FB from your Blinkfeed, but not from the Gallery. And, if you remove it from your gallery then you have no Blinkfeed access. I like that i can choose to use it in Blinkfeed or not, and this fix means that i have to open the app to use FB ...but, i will say it's a better solution than before. I hope I'm making sense here!

Thanks I was wondering how to do
    this as well. I will try it out later.

Thanks for the tip. Works great!

Posted with my HTC One via Android Central App

You might try this - download the Google edition camera and it comes bundled with the stock Google Gallery application. I just reset all my defaults in the HTC Gallery and then reset them to the Google Gallery. None of my Facebook photos appear in this gallery. I also like the look/feel of it better than the HTC gallery.

New camera Apk.

Quote Originally Posted by ZekkRagnos View Post
    Removing FB pics from the gallery is the easy part. The hard part that I (nor anyone else I believe) haven't figured out yet is how to keep FB pics out of the gallery WHEN you have FB enabled in BlinkFeed. I am one of the few who actually likes BlinkFeed and I also like to get my FB news feeds in BlinkFeed. The hard part of all this is how do you keep FB functionality in BlinkFeed w/o having FB pics showing up in the gallery. Has anyone figured out that one yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast