Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 106
Like Tree39Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by srt05wv View Post
    Yeah it is not the provider causing this, its the phone itself. I have a POS at&t atrix 2 that I can send a video through text at a lower quality of send it through email or any other ways if needed for high quality. But again, I will suffer that little bit of a hassle to upload to youtube or dropbox to get the beautiful design of the HTC One. Yeah it sucks, oh well.
    I won't. I've pretty much decided a crippled phone is no better than a Mercedes with 3 wheels.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by go3go View Post
    The phone fails as a whole because it lacks this one option? I had an iphone and never sent video via text because it took forever to send and ended up looking like garbage to the person I sent it to anyway.
    One of the main things people use phones for is to mms. Or quickly send a pic or video. If you think that this phone doesn't fail for the average user you're mistaken.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    The iPhone is certainly not crippled due to this.but it is complete crap.. Take a full HD res video on just about any android, or any OS, and you can't send it...

    It's like a rev limitor or pill chip in a car.. why make it capable to do one thing, then restrict it.. all phones do it... We're getting scammed..

    I saw someone say, what about xxx to significant others....both Use WhatsApp, it's cross platform, and 20mb video limit...
    Thanked by:
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    One of the main things people use phones for is to mms. Or quickly send a pic or video. If you think that this phone doesn't fail for the average user you're mistaken.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    I would consider myself an average user. I know the limitations of sending video via text message and I have found other ways to more effectively send them. I don't know anyone who sends video via text as they end up with horrible quality on the other end. Agree to disagree I guess. It would be nice if the option were included, yes, but the phone doesn't fail completely because it lacks that one option.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and les7699 like this.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    I won't. I've pretty much decided a crippled phone is no better than a Mercedes with 3 wheels.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Well let me tell you why I really dont care. I had a friend record a video of us in my car while driving and I texted him and told him to send me the video. As I tried playing the video it was such horrible quality I didnt even want to watch it.. I had to have him email it to me or upload it to youtube just so I could enjoy watching it... Yes its great to have the feature to just send the video through text but if you have to watch it in low quality its not that big of a deal breaker to me..
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    You sound like you really want to defend the limitations of the phone which clearly was poor execution on htc part. I don't care if my 10 second video that I want to send is good quality. I want the option to do it. I want the option to shorten a length of a video and text it right from my library and I want the phone to convert it to mms video resolution. Not some work around which clearly I know will have better quality. I'm not trying to share a film. I'm sharing a video clip that's not really that important. Wow! This is why some android users need to admit things to themselves. It's not the os that's limiting it. It's the phones and the companies lack of adding features when using a very capable os. Only htc is at fault. Stop bringing up the iPhone it sounds ridiculous. The galaxies and nexus 4 and pretty much every other phone also allow the option htc left out. The phone is crippled like it or not, admit it or not.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    No, like I said. I just see the problem differently. Be upset with it if you must , or realize you are trying to make fire with sticks when I'm trying to hand you a lighter.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

    Default

    All I'm saying is the average consumer will realize this and return the phone or sway others against it. Mass market appeal doesn't come from not allowing a feature that's in every other phone. Tell the 20 year old that buys this phone that. Let's be honest a phones only popular when that's whose buying it. Isn't that the point of htc selling a product like this. They're hoping for mass market appeal so they can make more than a $2 profit next year. I now see why they only made $2 in profit by the way. They release phones that only appeal to an installed user base. I'm convinced they'll eventually fix this with an update but it's ridiculous. Then again who knows with htc. I gave them a chance and am regretting

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by srt05wv View Post
    Well let me tell you why I really dont care. I had a friend record a video of us in my car while driving and I texted him and told him to send me the video. As I tried playing the video it was such horrible quality I didnt even want to watch it.. I had to have him email it to me or upload it to youtube just so I could enjoy watching it... Yes its great to have the feature to just send the video through text but if you have to watch it in low quality its not that big of a deal breaker to me..
    This is precisely what I'm trying to say. Why want the option when it's a bad option. Do you also want the option to revert to scratchy analog voice calling? Would you want the option to throttle your data speeds while using it? To me these are all the same things. There are better ways, why not use them?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    This is precisely what I'm trying to say. Why want the option when it's a bad option. Do you also want the option to revert to scratchy analog voice calling? Would you want the option to throttle your data speeds while using it? To me these are all the same things. There are better ways, why not use them?
    Yes if the only options available were either analog or no voice call or throttling or no Internet. You're basically saying give me less functionality because there not as good as features through other services. That's silly.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    This is precisely what I'm trying to say. Why want the option when it's a bad option. Do you also want the option to revert to scratchy analog voice calling? Would you want the option to throttle your data speeds while using it? To me these are all the same things. There are better ways, why not use them?
    Yes if the only options available were either analog or no voice call or throttling or no Internet. You're basically saying give me less features because there not as good as features through other services. That's silly.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    This is precisely what I'm trying to say. Why want the option when it's a bad option. Do you also want the option to revert to scratchy analog voice calling? Would you want the option to throttle your data speeds while using it? To me these are all the same things. There are better ways, why not use them?
    Yes if the only options available were either analog or no voice call or throttling or no Internet. You're basically saying give me less features because there not as good as features through other services. That's silly.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  10. #35  
    raziel's Avatar

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    HTC has a nice 30-day return policy. If it's that much of a deal breaker for you, just return it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Macbook Air 13" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 5s 64GB | Nexus 5 32GB
    visit me at www.thegeeksoffice.com
    les7699 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    HTC has a nice 30-day return policy. If it's that much of a deal breaker for you, just return it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Actually they don't. It's 14 day return policy with a 30 day exchange. Trust me I've checked. I would return it. Add in the fact that my phone is a developers edition and htc also severely crippled the developers edition phones mms only by capping the size limit of mms to 300k. Go figure.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Our minds work differently I guess. Look, do yourself a favor, have someone you know take a video in full resolution then send it to you via text. The resolution that comes is going to be bad, so bad in fact that it may be useless as a video. This is no phone's fault as it's a limit on the network. So yes, I don't consider text a usable means of sending video. So the fact that I can't use messaging doesn't bother me because it's not something that should be used. Like complaining I can't send my mom a cake in a letter.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    Our minds work differently I guess. Look, do yourself a favor, have someone you know take a video in full resolution then send it to you via text. The resolution that comes is going to be bad, so bad in fact that it may be useless as a video. This is no phone's fault as it's a limit on the network. So yes, I don't consider text a usable means of sending video. So the fact that I can't use messaging doesn't bother me because it's not something that should be used. Like complaining I can't send my mom a cake in a letter.
    You keep telling me to do this like I'm. Unaware of this. Lol. I'm aware it's bad quality. The phone should still have the option. Features left off phones are not carriers fault. I don't care about bad quality. Sometimes I want to send something quick with out thinking to myself hey let me film in "mms resolution" if that's the way you think then why stream audio from Google play if it'll play faster and better installed on the device itself. Some people like having options. Isn't that the point of the android os and it's phones. Or are you going to be a fan boy and just not admit when something is badly executed.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Firstly, I have to say, the reason why you can't do it is probably down to the fact that these days it makes more sense to share your video/post it up to the cloud, where you can stream it in the resolution it was taken in. This also means you can share the video with whomever you want without having to constantly re-send it. MMS? Welcome to 1999!

    Secondly, your constant re-use of the word 'crippled' is ridiculous. Because a phone wont do something you think is useful, which very few others do, does not mean it is crippled.

    And as for a three-wheeled Mercedes?

  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post
    Firstly, I have to say, the reason why you can't do it is probably down to the fact that these days it makes more sense to share your video/post it up to the cloud, where you can stream it in the resolution it was taken in. This also means you can share the video with whomever you want without having to constantly re-send it. MMS? Welcome to 1999!

    Secondly, your constant re-use of the word 'crippled' is ridiculous. Because a phone wont do something you think is useful, which very few others do, does not mean it is crippled.

    And as for a three-wheeled Mercedes?

    Nice clown car. You're right welcome to 1999 only phones then could send pics from their photo library.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  16. #41  
    raziel's Avatar

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Have you tried go sms, handcent or a third party texting app to see if it works?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Macbook Air 13" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 5s 64GB | Nexus 5 32GB
    visit me at www.thegeeksoffice.com
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    You've lost me, Semp...
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    You keep telling me to do this like I'm. Unaware of this. Lol. I'm aware it's bad quality. The phone should still have the option. Features left off phones are not carriers fault. I don't care about bad quality. Sometimes I want to send something quick with out thinking to myself hey let me film in "mms resolution" if that's the way you think then why stream audio from Google play if it'll play faster and better installed on the device itself. Some people like having options. Isn't that the point of the android os and it's phones. Or are you going to be a fan boy and just not admit when something is badly executed.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Just out of curiosity, how quick is too slow for you. A small vid would be quickly uploaded to Dropbox , emails etc...so does 5 secs mms vs 10 secs Dropbox, email, etc really make that much of a difference for the 1 or 2 extra steps? unfortunately my iOS iPad I'm using to type this doesn't give me the option to voice type this reply like every other android OS does....does my iPad suck and make me wanna return it due to this fact....no...based on your argument here, it would seem that you've never been happy with any phone as EVERY one has limited functionality or features in some regard....that or you're just venting, which is fine too. I like the earlier reference to sticks and fire...I have the option to rub sticks to get fire, but I've never ever done it...are there some programs that you choose to watch in standard def rather than high def? I get your point about having options, but a least understand that sometimes when a function is replaced by a much better solution, the former becomes obsolete in just a matter of time....are you upset that the old cable boxes are pretty much a thing of the past....it's an option because irs been done, but there's no way your cable company is gonna let you use that in favor of a digital box...
    karmamule likes this.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    it was funny at the time, but I remember my grandmother having similar beef when she couldn't buy a rotary phone to replace her old one
  20. #45  
    howie's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,156 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Honestly, yesterday was the first time I've used MMS since 2007 (only did this because of two threads I saw here). I strictly use email, not MMS. Not only because the quality sucks, but I hate giving the carriers money for something that should not cost me anything. SMS doesn't cost the carrier and MMS uses my data plan. Why pay them $20 for that. I only use email for "MMS" and Google Voice for "SMS"
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Btw. Chomp text app works. It enables no size limit and allows to send aby video over text in pretty high resolution. The reason. I don't use other text apps like gosms or habdcent is it has the black bar on the bottom.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    After everyone has presented their sides I've decided I was wrong. We should be upset we can't easily send videos over text. I've seen the light and will now complain on forums and write heated letters to Lenovo explaining why the laptop I bought last fall is useless because it doesn't have a phone jack modem built in. This is a clear oversight on their part and every other person should know it.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    After everyone has presented their sides I've decided I was wrong. We should be upset we can't easily send videos over text. I've seen the light and will now complain on forums and write heated letters to Lenovo explaining why the laptop I bought last fall is useless because it doesn't have a phone jack modem built in. This is a clear oversight on their part and every other person should know it.
    You sound ridiculous. You know what you're right. Why buy a phone with basic features when you can by a phone that does everything but. Btw although chomp is better it doesn't group mms properly. So if that's something big to people forget it.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    You sound ridiculous. You know what you're right. Why buy a phone with basic features when you can by a phone that does everything but. Btw although chomp is better it doesn't group mms properly. So if that's something big to people forget it.

    Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Honestly, what type of responses did you expect? You posted using inflammatory and then confrontational language in a forum full of people who own the phone. There weren't going to be many (if any) people responding with "You know you're totally right, my phone is trash."
    Thanked by:
  25. #50  
    HawaiiD's Avatar

    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

    Default Re: Why won't my phone allow me to send a video through text?

    GoSMS has a 5MB MMS file size limit. Fyi

    Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why won't my phone root?
    By PromoTheRobot in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 01:00 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
  3. An App that will Allow me to send / Receive SMS & More via Computer
    By Corey Bryant in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
  4. Why won't my phone boot and stay booted? It
    By ekuns in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 06:53 AM
  5. why won't my phone sleep?
    By bcrtj457 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

B