Is it just me or is BoomSound not really louder?

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the S3. Her speakers seem to be louder than mine. Although I can hear a difference in the clarity of the instruments, her phone does sound louder and surprisingly not distorted.

Kind of bothers me, I also tried showing off to the guys at work. Although they like the clarity we all agree that there Iphone 3, 4, 4s are still louder. Even with the speakers on the back. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is it just me or is Boomsound not really louder?

Might just be your phone. My One is louder than any phone i've had previously.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

My phones loud and clear. My note 2 is very loud but very distorted. So it makes it harder to hear and I need to turn the volume down to hear it correctly. Also make sure you play the exact same thing on each phone, but you probably know that.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I haven't been going around comparing the sound vs other phones, but mine is loud by itself. Playing games, viewing videos, or getting notifications. Maybe compare your phone with another HTC One.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

My wife has the S3. Her speakers seem to be louder than mine. Although I can hear a difference in the clarity of the instruments, her phone does sound louder and surprisingly not distorted.

Kind of bothers me, I also tried showing off to the guys at work. Although they like the clarity we all agree that there Iphone 3, 4, 4s are still louder. Even with the speakers on the back. Anyone else notice this?

This is by far the loudest phone I've ever owned--and compared to others. However, it is possible (and this happened to me when trying to show it off for the first time) that one of your secondary volume sliders is low. Next time you toggle the volume, hit the gear icon and make sure the Music, Videos, Etc slider is up all the way!

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Could be what you're playing. I've notice that certain youtube videos are quite a bit softer than other things I play.

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I briefly had the S4 and it was definitely louder than the One. The iPhone 5 is also louder than than the One, so Boom is a bit of a misnomer.

The quality of the sound on the One is by far the best of all phones, totally enjoyable, but not the loudest. If you turn off Beats Audio then it gets tinnier but a little louder, so if you absolutely need to have a little more volume at the expense of quality, you have that option.

The difference in volume between the S3 and One is most obvious on a weak source, like a podcast recorded with low audio levels. If the source is strong, most people wouldn't even think to ask the question.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Mine are loud, and the clarity is insane.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

IMO, with beats audio, yes boom sound is loud as hell! I usually had my volume on my S3 or note 2 up 3/4 or all the way, with the one, its down low!

DJ Nfinity

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

While the one is indeed louder as proven in tests, it's by a small margin. Where Boomsound excellent is its mids. Where the S4 sounds louder, it's only due to the speaker's limitation on higher frequency sound, where the One is balanced and clear. Take them both to a noisy place and you'll clearly hear the benefit of the One's speakers.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

Just compared against an iPhone 5 and the One sounds a lot more powerful.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Saw this and had to test it against my gfs iPhone 5...
Louder but not by a lot, however definitely better sounding!

Posted via Android Central App

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Position of the speakers has a lot to do with the decibel level as well as clarity sometimes. If all phones were equipped with front facing speakers, I think they would pretty much all sound about as loud as each other.

I had a One for a short time and didnt find anything spectacular about the sound. Reminded me of thebMotorola ROKR from a few years back. My wife had the ROKR and loved it to death, until it died mysteriously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Having front facing speakers does make a big difference. Just tried it out vs a Note 2 and you can tell the difference. Clarity of sound. And yes with clarity and front facing speakers it sounds louder

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

My Note 2 was loud and my boy who I sold it to made my One sound like Mono. :( Then again that was the day my One's Home Screen started acting up that, Back & Home buttons wasn't responsive even the Power, it took a few attempts for me to restart it.

I'm scheduling a rematch! LOL

Zekerink

May 9, 2013
Visit site

That's too weird. I had a Samsung before this and the HTC is a heck of a lot louder than it was. I have all my sound settings set to the lowest they can go without being muted. I was and still am a bit blown away by it.

The front facing speakers don't produce the type of bass you can hear on a rear facing speaker reflecting sound off something behind the phone though, I guess.

I also tried a pair of Samsung headphones that I had from my old phone and they are a LOT quieter than the HTC (Beats Audio?) ones. I had no problems hearing through my old headphones, but the newer are definitely better.

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I must have a defect. Although clear sound, at 50 pct I can barely hear the music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes