Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power saver vs Snapdragon battery guru?

Does anyone have input regarding the htc power saver vs the snapdragon battery guru?

Default Re: Power saver vs Snapdragon battery guru?

When the snapdragon app first came out, several people in the S3 forums tried it and didn't find it particularly useful. I don't know what the htc power saver feature does.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanbeat View Post
    Does anyone have input regarding the htc power saver vs the snapdragon battery guru?
    Guru was constantly screwing up my WiFi. Turning it on or off at all the wrong times. I didn't find the battery life to be much better with guru either. I still use juice defender ultimate occasionally and find that works better for my needs.

I have been running both for 2 weeks or so and been very happy. Don't even notice they are running (except in the sun, the dimmer display is hard to read so I turn off battery saver). Don't notice any performance hits. Not using it for video but am a pretty heavy user otherwise with email, podcasts, app usage, etc.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

I'm getting great results with battery guru.

Lost about 5% overnight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power saver vs Snapdragon battery guru?-13-1-1-.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bigtnew View Post
    Guru was constantly screwing up my WiFi. Turning it on or off at all the wrong times. I didn't find the battery life to be much better with guru either. I still use juice defender ultimate occasionally and find that works better for my needs.
    You can disable the WiFi option

Sent from my HTC One

I'm getting great results with Battery Saver and Snapdragon Battery Guru. I recommend these settings...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power saver vs Snapdragon battery guru?-screenshot_2013-05-13-13-43-59.jpg   Power saver vs Snapdragon battery guru?-screenshot_2013-05-13-13-43-28.jpg  

The app description tells me it's for all Snapdragon devices. Well my "HTC One X" is powered by a snapdragon, but still the play store won't let me install the app???