HTC One quality issues

Defect or no defect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to know if I'm unlucky or if HTC is putting out allot of lemons. I am about to be getting my THIRD HTC one this week. First one quit vibrating after a week. The second one(which possible was a refurb they sent me by mistake) the bottom speaker quit working after a week. I really love the phone and would like to tell people its great but I don't know if I can suggest it do to these problems. So getting to the point who has had hardware problems and what were they? I'd like to get a poll on how many of you got a defect(not including the small gaps and other minor issues I've seen almost everyone saying they have) and how many got a good one. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you wanted a poll why didn't you add a poll to your post?
Mine came with almost no defects. The screen isn't flush and a tiny line at the bottom left of my phone that doesn't connect to the speaker grill, but those are problems coming from the fact that the speaker grill isn't a park of the unibody.

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
If you wanted a poll why didn't you add a poll to your post?
Mine came with almost no defects. The screen isn't flush and a tiny line at the bottom left of my phone that doesn't connect to the speaker grill, but those are problems coming from the fact that the speaker grill isn't a park of the unibody.

I didn't see poll as an option. Can I add it.

EDIT: Answered my own question

daveh98

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey OP,

It sounds like you have some legitimate problems with your phone and would venture to say it's not the norm. However, I have noticed with ALL electronics, people that peruse forums, tend to "find" more problems then if they didn't study the forums. I am not knocking forum goers; I am a huge forum goer and tech buff. It is just a trend I have noticed.

To those with very small issues, slight scratches etc, I say give yourself a month with the phone, and my guess is that you will not even be concerned about them as long as the phone is working properly (speedy, battery performing, screen quality, etc).

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So far its looking like I'm the most unlucky guy in the world(no surprise). It is good to see that all of you aren't having any issues. I did get the 64 gb from att so maybe that's it but I'm guessing from what I see it's dumb luck. Keep it coming though. Thanks.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to know if I'm unlucky or if HTC is putting out allot of lemons. I am about to be getting my THIRD HTC one this week. First one quit vibrating after a week. The second one(which possible was a refurb they sent me by mistake) the bottom speaker quit working after a week. I really love the phone and would like to tell people its great but I don't know if I can suggest it do to these problems. So getting to the point who has had hardware problems and what were they? I'd like to get a poll on how many of you got a defect(not including the small gaps and other minor issues I've seen almost everyone saying they have) and how many got a good one. Thanks.

That is the life of a early adopter.....

Posted via Android Central App

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm usually that unlucky guy. But I have notice with the one is that the capacitive buttons stop working every now and then. Id say this is the phone I've had the least issues with next to my LG optimus g. I've had plenty if different brand phones where I kept getting bad ones.

Now that I say that I'll have something happen now.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I was lucky, only a minor cosmetic flaw where screen meets speaker grille. I bought the DE for the reasons already listed by many. I think next time around I will wait until issues are sorted, or buy carrier model that is easy to return.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My phone seems to be okay the only quirks I noticed have been a slight issue on the speaker while talking on the phone seems to make an odd distortion every so often (might be crazy reception)

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I love how in htc land anybody with any negative feedback has to be a troll. You guys can't have any threads that aren't dominated by whining about Samsung and the s4.

Sent from my Note 2

Do you even read the threads? I think you've fooled yourself. Also, if you go to the S4 section you'll see the same thing you just said. It is only common when two amazing phones are competing.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey OP,

It sounds like you have some legitimate problems with your phone and would venture to say it's not the norm. However, I have noticed with ALL electronics, people that peruse forums, tend to "find" more problems then if they didn't study the forums. I am not knocking forum goers; I am a huge forum goer and tech buff. It is just a trend I have noticed.

To those with very small issues, slight scratches etc, I say give yourself a month with the phone, and my guess is that you will not even be concerned about them as long as the phone is working properly (speedy, battery performing, screen quality, etc).

You are right about that. I hate that I spend so much time researching and on the forums because I end up finding out something that is wrong that I might not have noticed otherwise. I have not had a perfect device since...ever really !

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So far its looking like I'm the most unlucky guy in the world(no surprise). It is good to see that all of you aren't having any issues. I did get the 64 gb from att so maybe that's it but I'm guessing from what I see it's dumb luck. Keep it coming though. Thanks.

The device being 64GB doesn't matter. If it did I should have problems too. My 64GB model has zero issues. I made sure after hearing what others were saying to look it over carefully. Looks and works great.
I got mine before it was released so it's one of the early models too.

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No issues with mine. Didn't install zagg screen protector to avoid capacitive issues. Once in a while the screen seems to dim for a slight second but rarely happens.

TheTaoist

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I was fortunate to get a perfect unit from. AT&T. I think the sales associate thought I was odd as I checked for gaps, dead pixels, power button and volume rocker issues like I was appraising a painting for authenticity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835