Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is it with the no quick charge?

So how bad is it really without this feature? Is your phone taking years to charge or is it just another half hour? Just curious to hear real owners thoughts .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Default Re: How is it with the no quick charge?

With my iphone, i wake up, walk to work and listen to music, get to work, and for the next twelve hours id listen to music, text and send off emails. I would have to have my phone on the stereo dock to charge for most of the day if i wanted some battery to have music on the way home from work. With my One, i do the exact same thing, without the need to charge all day long, and when i get home i still have between 10 and 40 percent battery life depending on my usage for the day, and then i fall asleep and let the phone charge while i sleep. I cannot attest to how much longer it takes, but i can tell you that my phone lasts long enough during the day that when it does come to charging it, i personally dont know a difference, although i know one does exist.
    Thanked by 2:

95% of the time I only charge it overnight, for which a faster charge time is not relavent.

The other 5% of the time I don't need a full charge, and an hour charge is plenty to add 4 or 5 hours of up time.

It would be great if I could fast charge but the reality is that it just doesn't matter.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

I did a comparison yesterday with my GS4. HONESTLY I saw little difference between the two. In fact the GS4 seemed to take longer from 90%-100%
    BassRumors - bass fishing forum.
    Thanked by 2:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

It's annoying, but not a deal breaker. I just spend a lot more time below 50% than I'm used to, but I still make it through the day without issues.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Haven't had to charge it many times throughout the day, mostly charging at night. So not having quick charge hasn't been a problem.... Yet.

Sent from my HTC One
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Also, I have noticed it takes longer to charge if you are not using the charger that came with the phone.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Nice! Glad to hear it isn't really an issue. Thanks guys .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I get 5-6 hours sleep before work so as long as it's charged, I'm not worried about Charging Times. I compared it to my S4 last night and the One took an hour longer using the OEM.

I drained it until it shut down just to see how long it took to charge to 100%. It took almost 4 hours but the last 10% took the longest (little over an hour). So 0 to 90% in a little under 3 hours. Like most I charge it at night so no problem here.

My only gripe is that charging in my car while using waze burns battery faster than it charges.

Posted via Android Central App
    adriandb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
    My only gripe is that charging in my car while using waze burns battery faster than it charges.

You need a better charger then.

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    No. The One really does charge THAT slow. I can only keep it from draining when it is charging and I'm using navigation. If I played music on my One while using it with navigation it would burn faster than the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    No. The One really does charge THAT slow. I can only keep it from draining when it is charging and I'm using navigation. If I played music on my One while using it with navigation it would burn faster than the charge.

So suggest one and I'll try it out I guess

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Mine wouldnt charge while navigating either. My workaround is to cut the screen off and just listen to the voice navigation. It works, charge time this way is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    So suggest one and I'll try it out I guess
    There was a thread earlier where Adrian something went through the same issue and finally found one on amazon that charged. I don't know which one it was, but it had a 2 amp and a 1 amp out put. He used the 2 amp slot i believe.

There was a thread earlier where Adrian something went through the same issue and finally found one on amazon that charged. I don't know which one it was, but it had a 2 amp and a 1 amp out put. He used the 2 amp slot i believe.
    Try here -

Recommended car chargers?

Takes about 3.5 hours. Not an issue for me since I'm getting great battery life and easily getting through the day. I only charge over night, so the amount of time it takes becomes a non issue.

Anyone know what the built in usb port on a 2013 Toyota Tacoma puts out? I assume not much.

I thought the One was internally limited to 1A. I've got a 2A adapter for my car, and the phone was draining quicker while using Google Navigation and streaming music.

I noticed it seems to charge faster when i have it in power saving mode. Usually just charge it for about an hour on my lunch break and it'll last me till I hit the bed.

I have two different car chargers, both rated with 1A output and when using Nav, driving, and Bluetooth connected my batter drains faster than it charges. Google maps has a feature that may help with this where it dims the screen between instructions. I haven't tested this to see how much it helps because I prefer to use Waze, which has no such batter saving feature. On my wifes iPhone 5, and my old GS2 this was never an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
    I have two different car chargers, both rated with 1A output and when using Nav, driving, and Bluetooth connected my batter drains faster than it charges. Google maps has a feature that may help with this where it dims the screen between instructions. I haven't tested this to see how much it helps because I prefer to use Waze, which has no such batter saving feature. On my wifes iPhone 5, and my old GS2 this was never an issue.
    May be rated 1A but doesn't mean it is delivering. Others indicate they have found chargers that do in fact charge faster than drain. If it is important to you, then you should upgrade your charger.

The only time I've found that the slow charge is really a pain is when I come home after a day of fairly heavy use and the battery is low and all I'm doing is changing, briefing a babysitter and heading back out. That's 20-30 mins and with my iPhone I could charge the phone in that time and get the phone back to a charged state where I was comfortable, that isn't the same situation now. So I'll end up being one of those tools asking a bar tender if I can charge my phone while I have a drink.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast