Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GadgetGator
  • 1 Post By Steven Sun
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE made for China (Unboxing HTC 802w)

HTC ONE made for China. Weird that it has no battery access. Go forward to 3:23 into the video to see.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: HTC ONE made for China (Unboxing HTC 802w)

Aw man that looks so freaky, just popping off its back like that. I kind of want it.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Maybe a hint at the Verizon version with SD expansion slot.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Still strikes me as odd that they went this route. It seems like they wanted to copy the iPhone manufacturing process as much as possible in a metal unibody design, but then they go and release this deviating from that line of thinking and from what Apple does. It's interesting, but I don't quite understand their thinking. I know some disagree, but I think it would have been nice to have this model released worldwide, just without the dual sim. When there are different variants of the "One", it's really not the "One" anymore....it's the OneA, OneB, OneC, etc.
    59er9er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    Still strikes me as odd that they went this route. It seems like they wanted to copy the iPhone manufacturing process as much as possible in a metal unibody design, but then they go and release this deviating from that line of thinking and from what Apple does. It's interesting, but I don't quite understand their thinking. I know some disagree, but I think it would have been nice to have this model released worldwide, just without the dual sim. When there are different variants of the "One", it's really not the "One" anymore....it's the OneA, OneB, OneC, etc.
    Actually they do this because, in China, a family usually shares a phone because of poverty issues and that's why you see multiple slots for sim.

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    Actually they do this because, in China, a family usually shares a phone because of poverty issues and that's why you see multiple slots for sim.
    I understand that, but that doesn't require a removable back. How does Apple handle this issue? Or do they not address it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    I understand that, but that doesn't require a removable back. How does Apple handle this issue? Or do they not address it at all?
    They don't address it. The only change Apple has made to date for the China market is enabling different frequencies I believe.

Global Posts
    3,379 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Yeah, very interesting with the back coming off like that. I kind of want it as well.

Posted via Android Central App

If they have poverty issues then they aren't buying a $600 phone.. It's for the rich guys, a lot of businessmen in China carry two or more phones on them (a personal line, a business line, a line for the mistresses..)
    59er9er likes this.

So this is NOT a Cloned device? LOL I was thinking that's impressive, they're getting better.

It's 110% fake. Here in HK, they call it HTC One "custom edition". Usually sell for around $2000 hkd - less than half price of the real deal. Compare with the real deal, less ram, has a SD card slot, sometimes even with dual sim slot (this almost a 99% dead give away that the phone is a chinese fake for any brand, as this is a very common feature in phone usage in China.)

Android phone like this is build like a PC with Windows. It works, but they can never really tune and optimize them properly, so they hang, crash, lag often, and it is to be expected. This is absolutely normal, so don't be alarm. Another thing to be look out for is the li-ion battery. They don't have the same level of QA as export products, so they do have a greater chance of explosion and fire.

Sorry, I did some digging, and yes, this is indeed the real deal. It looks so much like the China "shan zhai" quality phone though - downgrade HTC One design and quality to such level. I guess whatever it takes for HTC just to stay within the Chinese market.

I like the phone. I would swap my US version for it.

F'ing US carriers not supporting a wallet application, e.g. Google Wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by wailly View Post
    Sorry, I did some digging, and yes, this is indeed the real deal. It looks so much like the China "shan zhai" quality phone though - downgrade HTC One design and quality to such level. I guess whatever it takes for HTC just to stay within the Chinese market.
    Not just China. The Japanese version is different in this respect too.
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!

Here's why the Japanese and Chinese HTC Ones are different from the US model.