HTC One battery problem

PaulTu1985

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: htc one battery problem

Thanks for posting this - my brand new HTC One is having the exact same issue. I wasn't getting anywhere even CLOSE to the battery life I was reading other people were getting online. Under light usage today with power saver enabled, I've gone from 100% (6am) to 44% (11:45am). Sounds like it's just faulty. I know my dad's new S4 goes all day with moderate to heavy usage without a problem. He streams Pandora, talks on the phone a ton, checks his e-mail, uses the GPS, takes pictures... no problems. Mine sits on my desk and dies. Eesh.

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I always charge my device at night so in the morning it has a full charge but overall never had any battery issues. You can always do a charger test on the device as well.

nenads

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

In Airplane mode, so screen at low and volume 50%. and you turn on wifi, how much youtube video in loop you can watch ? Please help, so i can know if i have defected unit or 4-5h is what to except

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Hi! Just had my htc one for about a week now but i'm not satisfied with the battery. I keep the 4g mobile data on all the time and do facebook, surfing net, youtube and listening to music. I already disabled auto sync as well as google now. At 100% battery umplugged at 9am, only about 20% left at 3pm and this has all been the same since the day i got this phone. Any help pls?

Posted via Android Central App

I would get a replacement. For the sole reason that I'm on AT&T and I'm having no batteries and I've had the phone for a week.

ckinyc

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I tried to get a replacement phone today and this is what happened:

The AT&T Device Support Center on 32nd Street is run by a bunch of hyenas!

Not only the rep said ALL my apps are "bad" (drain battery). He also told me the 8 hours of stand-by time (from full charge) on my 1 month old HTC One phone is NORMAL. "In fact, if you get 4 hours usage with one charge you should consider yourself lucky. Most smart phones have the same battery lives." I replied, "I never had any battery problems with all my iPhones since iPhone 1." Now the other reps join in, " I have iPhone I have the same problem. Yeah, I have iPhone too?" I said: "You can't be serious!" He sent me to the corner to call "Customer Service" if I want to try to get a replacement.

After waiting for 10 mins the phone rep answered. She seemed nice and promised to try to resolve my problems. She told me I have "other" Battery Management and App Killer apps on my phone. They will drain battery and work against the stock apps. I didn't know there are stock apps that do the same thing. Beside, I downloaded those apps because I had battery problems. So if the battery will run fine without them. I shouldn't have the problems in the begin with. Still, she insisted a full master reset of my phone (which I spent 1 month to customized). Unless I want to speak with a HTC rep and see if they know something that we don't.

Now we are on a 3-way call, this HTC guy was even more amazing! He also told me to turn everything off. I said I already have my screen set so low that I can't even view anything in the sun. I have GPS and other stuff turned off already. I kill every open app every time after I use my phone? He asked, "Do you have the Mobile Data on?" I said, "yes." He said, "Oh well, that really drains your battery. You have to turn it off." I said "What?!! Why bother having a smart phone if I have to turn everything off?" He then said, "Why would you want to have the mobile data on at all time? Do you expect emails constantly? Do you go on Facebook every 5 mins?" I replied, "OK! Thank you and I have nothing else to say to you. Please send me back to the AT&T."

Now back with the nice lady and she still insisted a full master reset. She made an appointment with me to call me at home after 10pm to set up the backup and reset. She never called.

So what have we learned here? No, I have no regret trying something new when the Apple went stale. I miss how all the Apple apps and products just seamlessly work with each other (most of the time). The one thing I miss the most is their customer service. They never tried to BS you and make you feel like you just came out under a rock like those jokers I encountered today.

Last note, no one I asked today knows how to turn off the caller announcement on my phone. Enough said!

#badhtconebattery #badattsupport #badhtcsupport #missapplegenius

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I tried to get a replacement phone today and this is what happened:

The AT&T Device Support Center on 32nd Street is run by a bunch of hyenas!

Not only the rep said ALL my apps are "bad" (drain battery). He also told me the 8 hours of stand-by time (from full charge) on my 1 month old HTC One phone is NORMAL. "In fact, if you get 4 hours usage with one charge you should consider yourself lucky. Most smart phones have the same battery lives." I replied, "I never had any battery problems with all my iPhones since iPhone 1." Now the other reps join in, " I have iPhone I have the same problem. Yeah, I have iPhone too?" I said: "You can't be serious!" He sent me to the corner to call "Customer Service" if I want to try to get a replacement.

After waiting for 10 mins the phone rep answered. She seemed nice and promised to try to resolve my problems. She told me I have "other" Battery Management and App Killer apps on my phone. They will drain battery and work against the stock apps. I didn't know there are stock apps that do the same thing. Beside, I downloaded those apps because I had battery problems. So if the battery will run fine without them. I shouldn't have the problems in the begin with. Still, she insisted a full master reset of my phone (which I spent 1 month to customized). Unless I want to speak with a HTC rep and see if they know something that we don't.

Now we are on a 3-way call, this HTC guy was even more amazing! He also told me to turn everything off. I said I already have my screen set so low that I can't even view anything in the sun. I have GPS and other stuff turned off already. I kill every open app every time after I use my phone? He asked, "Do you have the Mobile Data on?" I said, "yes." He said, "Oh well, that really drains your battery. You have to turn it off." I said "What?!! Why bother having a smart phone if I have to turn everything off?" He then said, "Why would you want to have the mobile data on at all time? Do you expect emails constantly? Do you go on Facebook every 5 mins?" I replied, "OK! Thank you and I have nothing else to say to you. Please send me back to the AT&T."

Now back with the nice lady and she still insisted a full master reset. She made an appointment with me to call me at home after 10pm to set up the backup and reset. She never called.

So what have we learned here? No, I have no regret trying something new when the Apple went stale. I miss how all the Apple apps and products just seamlessly work with each other (most of the time). The one thing I miss the most is their customer service. They never tried to BS you and make you feel like you just came out under a rock like those jokers I encountered today.

Last note, no one I asked today knows how to turn off the caller announcement on my phone. Enough said!

#badhtconebattery #badattsupport #badhtcsupport #missapplegenius

I have no problem with my battery on my one and I am on AT&T

Patrick Williams13

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Mobile data is the problem. I get 2 hours extra by using Wifi instead of mobile date in one day. It's the same for every phone.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I'm a slight newb and couldn't work out how to create a new topic so I'm putting it here as it's related anyway. My battery was fine up until a few days ago, I could easily get a good 11 hours light to moderate use in my phone, but just recently my phone loses over 50 % battery over a 8 hour standby period with nothing turned on. Literally, it might as well be turned off. Before I would maybe lose 7%. The only thing I've changed was downloading a clean up manager that got rid of a fair few 'junk files'. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Killing apps is probably your biggest problem. Unless all your apps are terribly coded and all are battery hogs there's no reason to kill all of them. To be honest I'd do a factory reset and go from there. Try using the phone without adding tons of apps and see if the battery issues still occur. If so then you may have a faulty unit. If not then you know it was probably an app or multiple apps causing problems. Slowly add apps to find the ones that are not good. Use something like gsam to monitor app usage. But yeah, factory reset first.

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Yes John that's what is alarming me too. I switch the phone on in the morning and browsing blink stories - I notice the battery life is heading south pretty quickly , sometimes 1% per minute! Bu the time I get out of bed it's at 88% A few tunes in the kitchen making breakfast and it's 77%...

readerbill

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I am also experiencing the charging issue. I am going to try the work around of shutting off the fast boot. The Htc one has proven to be the worst phone I have owned. The known camera freezing issue does not seem to have a fix. I believe it is due to the phone overheating. My previous phone the htc inspire worked flawlessly, that is why I decided to stick with htc and whent with the one when I lost my inspire. Does anyone have a good suggestion for my next phone? The camera and photo editing is important to me as well as a phone that works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar