Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down No Shutter Release with Volume Rocker?

One of the few things that mars the near perfect HTC One camera experience is the lack of volume rocker functionality when taking photos. The fact that it's not on by default is understandable, but that it's missing entirely is bewildering, what an oversight! Does this seem like a strange over-site to anyone else? Any chance there's a fix out there that doesn't involve using a different app?

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

Default Re: No Shutter Release with Volume Rocker?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothamoddisee View Post
    One of the few things that mars the near perfect HTC One camera experience is the lack of volume rocker functionality when taking photos. The fact that it's not on by default is understandable, but that it's missing entirely is bewildering, what an oversight! Does this seem like a strange over-site to anyone else? Any chance there's a fix out there that doesn't involve using a different app?
    I don't take that many pics, but I agree with you about this. The physical button is so much easier to use, for me.

I was also wondering if anyone has tried a different app, such as Camera Zoom FX. This produced FAR superior pictures, with much more control over them, on my last Android phone (Moto Atrix2), and it would be nice to see if there is any improvement or regression in quality.
    tim
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've tried Camera Zoom - and once I tinkered with the options I found it works very well for still photography (and actually solves the shutter release / volume rocker problem), however I still prefer to use the stock camera app since the video and still controls all work within the same quick menu system there.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I don't take that many pics, but I agree with you about this. The physical button is so much easier to use, for me.

I was also wondering if anyone has tried a different app, such as Camera Zoom FX. This produced FAR superior pictures, with much more control over them, on my last Android phone (Moto Atrix2), and it would be nice to see if there is any improvement or regression in quality.
    Thanked by:
    TimmyB 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Come on - surely not being able to use the volume buttons has bugged others who have since found a solution!
    Bump'd in case anyone had a solution to what is becoming a maddening issue.

I would love to use volume keys in the camera app.

i guess that's a no
    unless you root i guess.