Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fuzzy Gallery Thumbnail Images on HTC One (M7)

Hello, I'm having a really tough time getting my Gallery thumbnails to render crystal-clear! I don't know what I may have done wrong, or am doing wrong. My Gallery, at this time, has only two Albums: "First Self-Photo With The One," which is a camera photo, and "Jigoku Shoujo Wallpapers," which is an album containing 63 anime pics, all of which are 675x1200 resolution (that res displays as wallpapers just as clearly as 1080x1920, and is only slightly more than 1/2 the file size). All pics are 300 dpi and are JPG images (aka JPEG). All pics were created at the same time, and uploaded to the phone at the same time.

Oddly, four of the thumbnails for that album are sharp and crystal-clear (see the picture). But the rest are fuzzy!! It's driving me mad!! A rep from HTC has had me try "wiping the cache on the phone," as well as "clearing the data and cache for the Gallery app." Both were "supposed to" force Gallery to re-render the thumbnails, but neither method worked: same results--4 clear thumbs, 59 fuzzy ones!!

I am at a total loss to figure out why this is happening. Any ideas how I can make them ALL sharp?? Thanks in advance for a working solution!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuzzy Gallery Thumbnail Images on HTC One (M7)-enshot_2013-05-15-19-12-05.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Fuzzy Gallery Thumbnails? Auugghhhh

To whom it may concern: I got this solved today by email, by an HTC Cust Svc Rep. The rep suggested I try to use PNG (Portable Network Graphics) file format for the pictures. So, I deleted the JPG pics, and uploaded PNG pics; rebooted the phone, opened Gallery...and it worked! Crystal-clear, sharp thumbnails! Anyone who finds their thumbnails have "gone fuzzy" might try this solution--it worked great for me. Thanks, HTC!

PS There is one drawback to this solution--the file size of the PNG format is more than twice as large. Instead of taking up 31.1 MB, my 66 pictures now take up 75.7 MB. Still, it's a small price to pay for good-looking thumbnail images.