Charging Time

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Nayone having charging time issues........My phone is an extension of me....I am always on it...I am in sales and use it all day for phone calls and texts and emails with customers.....I have most settings turned down..Battery life is awesome....I can make it from 6:0 am till 5:00 pm and it will be on 25%...then i plug it in to charge for 3 hours and it is at 65%.....is there something wrong...i am plugged into an apple Ipad charging block.....anyone else having these issues

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I am. This thing charges very slow. But the consensus is that this is by design though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Nayone having charging time issues........My phone is an extension of me....I am always on it...I am in sales and use it all day for phone calls and texts and emails with customers.....I have most settings turned down..Battery life is awesome....I can make it from 6:0 am till 5:00 pm and it will be on 25%...then i plug it in to charge for 3 hours and it is at 65%.....is there something wrong...i am plugged into an apple Ipad charging block.....anyone else having these issues

That is too long for 25% to 60%. It should be fully charged from 25% in that time.

Are you getting the same results from the charger that came with the phone? The ipad charging block probably is restricting the charge rate.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am new to android. Had a iPhone 5 and charged in 1 hour tops.

So use factory stuff for best results.

Posted via Android Central App

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I too have noticed that the charge time is way too long. The battery life is only ok in my opinion. Not awesome but acceptable.

I just wish it didn't take so long to charge the battery. That's crazy. The nexus 4 I used for a few weeks did it in less than an hour. This is a huge difference and one of very few parts I don't like about the phone.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here know of any reason why HTC would specifically design slow charging? Is it because the battery longevity suffers if quick charge is on board?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I plugged my One around 11:15 PM with 1% left.

It's 12:47 AM and it's at 71%.

I have the Samsung & hTc chargers plugged by use the Samsung by mistake so I'm not sure it makes a difference.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I say let the HTC One battery have a quick-charge function. The iPhone obviously has this and it's a sealed system, so why not? Who keeps their phone for
more than a year or two anyway?

I'm trying to remember if I kept 1 of my 20 (30 if you include Dummies) Super Phones for more than a year. LOL

This is why a Non-Removable Battery wasn't an issue.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I hope they change it. I do like the phi e slot better than the iPhone 5 I had. Was thinking if going to the galaxy just becasur of charging issues

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Look. Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries actually prefer a trickle charge. Trickle charging fills the cells at a slower rate to "completely fill" each cell to not only last longer during use but last longer throughout its life. Fast charging over time, degrades the cells in the battery to where it will need replaced before its actual end-of-life.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Look. Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries actually prefer a trickle charge. Trickle charging fills the cells at a slower rate to "completely fill" each cell to not only last longer during use but last longer throughout its life. Fast charging over time, degrades the cells in the battery to where it will need replaced before its actual end-of-life.

That's my understanding as well. Given that, I'd prefer the slow charge to a battery that's unusable a year from now.

Mine charges completely in about 3.5 hours. Not at all fast, but not a deal breaker.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Then I'll have HTC replace the battery when it goes. I'd much rather have quick charging over the life of the device and have to replace the battery every year than the current situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech