HTC One and Google play music

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated to the All Access app yesterday, and immediately noticed that the app is using a ton of data. I'm at 1.2g since yesterday.

Now, I am using the app way more than usual as I'm trying to go through all the features. However, that is a lot of data. I have cacheing turned off, except over WiFi.

Any other One owners seeing the same thing?

As a side note, it also seems to be using up the battery pretty quickly.

Posted via Android Central App

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have it set to "Stream at highest quality only"? That'll definitely chew up the bandwidth. I stream music all day, and the last couple days I've been doing that with All Access while I try it out. I do have that setting on and I am indeed flying through data. I'm really grateful I'm somewhere that gets good t-mobile signal so I can be on their (relatively cheap) unthrottled/unlimited plan. I find it a necessity if I want to stream lots of music!

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I never noticed but I have used 1GB OF data through Google music and I don't think I have used it that much.

Thank goodness I chose tmobile. 4G just about everywhere I go and fully unlimited. I am not worried.

Sorry for those with the big two carriers though. That must be expensive.

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
No, I'm not streaming at highest quality. While I'm on an 'unlimited' plan on AT&T, and am not concerened about data usage, I just found the amount that was being used was a little eye opening compared to Pandora.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It will pre-cache songs on your phone by default. I bet you if you look, it will have a TON of data stored if you look at the app settings.

I wasn't paying attention one time and it sucked down half a month's worth of data in a day.

Sent from my SCH-I200

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12