1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default visual voicemail in at&t

Anyone else hate the visual voicemail app from at&t? Really wish they had voicemail integrated into the phone app itself, with the number of voicemails relayed on the phone icon.

Also can't find a way to have the voicemail count show up on the standalone app. You have to go in to check. Sure, you get a notification but it'd still be nice.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: visual voicemail in at&t

Call At&t to get it activated.

Gigantic Member

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

Doesnt AT&T charge for that service..like Verizon? If you dont want to pay..give Google Voice a try..Sort of the same thing but you can access all your voicemails online, it will transcribe your message for you and send it to you in a text (though its not exactly 100% accurate lol)..etc
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by NYfan78 View Post
    Call At&t to get it activated.

Confused on this. I have visual voicemail activated. I was just saying that the way the one handles voicemail is through a separate standalone app that is supplied by AT&T which is a bit lacking. There's a way to get voicemail delivered in another way?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Doesnt AT&T charge for that service..like Verizon? If you dont want to pay..give Google Voice a try..Sort of the same thing but you can access all your voicemails online, it will transcribe your message for you and send it to you in a text (though its not exactly 100% accurate lol)..etc
    The visual voicemail is free AFAIK. Just not integrated. I'll check out Google voice though. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    They don't charge for it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by FarishK View Post
    They don't charge for it.
    Does Google voice let you use your cell numb to call back voicemail? Also wasnt sure if it let you have your cell number forward calls to their voice mail?

If you want AT&T visual voicemail to transcribe your messages yes it does cost! But just to use the basic features is free. Google Voice is much much much better, however I can't seem to make it work on my ONE out of the box. I know there are some manual configurations posted to get it to work but I don't wanna jump through hoops. Hopefully in time it will just work.
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

Essentially you get a google voice number, which you in turn forward all your calls to (but people still call your personal number). If you dont pick up, the other person leaves a message, which you can view and listen to on your google voice page

And yeah it took a small amount of work to set it up since it kept telling me that my carrier configurations were compatible or something to that effect..eventually I did get it working

Global Posts
    3,387 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

My favorite is youmail, you can customize it to have different greetings for your callers ... For example unknown numbers are greeted to a message telling them that I don't accept calls from blocked numbers, and then hangs up on them. If a friend calls it greets them by name (based on their caller ID) for example "Hello John, Jason is not available at them moment, please leave a message.) ... Youmail does have a free service, however I have been paying for it for several years. I just love it!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    My favorite is youmail, you can customize it to have different greetings for your callers ... For example unknown numbers are greeted to a message telling them that I don't accept calls from blocked numbers, and then hangs up on them. If a friend calls it greets them by name (based on their caller ID) for example "Hello John, Jason is not available at them moment, please leave a message.) ... Youmail does have a free service, however I have been paying for it for several years. I just love it!
    Awesome. These both sound like good alternatives. Two quick questions. Does it show the count on the icon? Also if I hit callback can I make it call back from my cell phone number versus the one it's being forwarded to?