The HTC One has kind of saved the mobile market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Before the One came out it was basically iPhone vs Samsung in the mobile world. Competition is the best for everyone, and there wasn't much of it before. I wouldn't consider the iPhone vs Galaxy line a competition, but more of a duopoly. Now that the One has arrived, and is becoming quite popular/garnering a LOT of hype, there is finally true competition in the smartphone landscape. Would you guys agree? I'm excited to see how Apple and Samsung, and others, will respond to the HTC One.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Still would like to see the HTC One on Verizon, since it's the largest carrier in America. That would help sales a lot IMO.

Sent from my HTC One

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you said it "saved" the market
The mobile market needed saving like Michael Phelps needs a lifeguard. :D
But it does bring up an interesting point, has anyone seen any sales data yet for the top phones since the H1 and S4 (Android's Dynamite Duo) were released? Is i5 still in the top 5?

chris hackett

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I will say that as an iPhone user from early on the HTC One convinced me to try the Android space. From what I see I'm not alone. There are a lot of iPhone users who might consider android if they could have a similar quality phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nobody really wants either of those phones though, so........

Lol yeah thats probably true

The mobile market needed saving like Michael Phelps needs a lifeguard. :D
But it does bring up an interesting point, has anyone seen any sales data yet for the top phones since the H1 and S4 (Android's Dynamite Duo) were released? Is i5 still in the top 5?

I Can say though that competition in the mobile phone market has defintiely sparked up big time
I know Android is leading in the amount of phones people have, I personally believe Apple is falling in the mobile market, unless they somehow create a super magnificent phone with a new OS and more features, which is unlikely to me...they should focus more on their Macs

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
HTC has been making great phones for years. It hasn't been enough. I'd like to see them REALLY get in the game with a combination of quality and marketing smarts.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Are there sales (or shipped) numbers from both the S4 and One yet? Seems like the S4 rules and Android Galaxy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Are there sales (or shipped) numbers from both the S4 and One yet? Seems like the S4 rules and Android Galaxy.

the S4 is gonna pass 10 million units sold by next week. the htc one is expected to sell 10 million the entire year.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about saving but definitely is showing people that there can be beauty and sophistication on a well made Android phone.

Now if I could only get me something like the GS4 in the metal body of the HTC One (but with the 5 inch screen) I'll be set! :beer:

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
the S4 is gonna pass 10 million units sold by next week. the htc one is expected to sell 10 million the entire year.

:)

While the One is a nice phone, the smartphone "war" only has two main players - Samsung and Apple.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I would say the best phone on the market last year was the HTC One X series.

The issue is that there were so many versions of it that HTC didn't have a brand going. The One X series was often times better reviewed than was the S3.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
:)

While the One is a nice phone, the smartphone "war" only has two main players - Samsung and Apple.

That'll probably change when companies like intel, lenova, dell, and others start to come into the market, Google also. Lenovo K900 - Lenovo Flagship 3G Smart Phone WCDMA/GSM - 6.9mm thin 5.5 Inch 1920*1080 Resolution Intel Atom Z2580 Dual Core 2GB Ram Android OS 4.2 Rear Ca | JSXL Technology - Your Store in the Cloud
^ This is an example of a game changing phone. NEC's Medias X smartphone is liquid-cooled - Crave - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia and here is another.

Currently Samsung and Apple are the big dogs as far as sales go, but with all their lawsuits and them killing off their "innovations," it is only a matter of time before they kill each other in sales. But for the next couple of years they will still reign, clearly the S4 is doing amazingly, trends will change and we will get better phones later.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Nobody really wants either of those phones though, so........

Except WP8 has moved into 3rd place ahead of Blackberry largely on the strong sales of the Nokia Lumia line, and in eastern Europe and parts of Asia the Lumia line is actually doing VERY well. So, it may be peanuts right now compared to Android & iOS in America & western Europe, but if the growth continues it could make things interesting. Whether or not it WILL keep growing will be another question....

And, for the record, my second phone is a Lumia 920 so yeah I wanted the phone!

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
How can the One save the mobile market, that didn't even need saving, when it may not even save HTC?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084