New Play Music Problem

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The new Play Music update is causing the scrolling album art to smear diagonally after two or three FF skips. I was wondering if this is an HTC One problem, or a bug for all phones.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There's another monster thread on here about how the app constantly crashes. I noticed the smear too but to me the app crashing must be fixed first. For some it crashes right after opening but for others it's after music has been playing for a few minutes.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Google took some features out too with this update. I just don't get that you never take away things. For example being able to switch from bluetooth to device speakers on the fly or being able to simply list artists like in the songs category. Terrible but I'll get over it.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Google seems to be pushing out unfinished products as of late then coming back later to fix it. Unacceptable in my book.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I used the All Access today for the first time. I had no issues other than buffering at the beginning of a song, but I'm in a fringe signal area so nothing new for me. I was really impressed with the play list recommendations, they were right on the money. Best I've seen yet. I love that I can pick and choose the songs instead of being stuck with what they think I want to hear. I've used Pandora for a while and get stuck with horrible songs that I have to skip frequently. I had zero issues for day one. Maybe later some will crop up, but so far, I'm sold.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm...I see it on a One' not on a Gs4 or nexus 10... will check my wife's Ego Late when she gets home. Wierd problem though

Jack

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
That is almost certainly an application problem. It's working very well for me other than that and playlists I create on my phone aren't showing when I go use it on my PC later on.

An update should take care of both those problems soon... Google has to make this shine if they want it to compete with Spotify and similar services.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
be sure to also watch the data it consumes...for some reason this now uses an insane amount of background data...Since yesterday I have played maybe 6-7 songs tops and foreground data is about 40mb while background is around 120mb...and its not from any radio channel use..its me searching for an individual song and playing it one at a time

If you dont have unlimited, this will kill your data cap very quickly

After a brief search of this issue..it seems to be widespread AND has been around since Google Music launch :(

Last edited:

DQSooner

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My only beef with the app/service, and there may be a simple solution I just haven't seen, is I can't find a way to download the songs to my device except for one at a time with the pushpin icon. I'd like to be able to do some sort of "batch download" where I select entire playlists to download while on a WiFi connection. Like I said, it may be there but if so, it's not in a very easy place to find it IMO.

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on GPMAA for now. It's just not usable in its current state on Android. I had numerous connection issues even on WiFi, and tracks take literally days to download to the phone (not an issue with Spotify), and rarely actually finish. Tracks also either don't play or get cut off frequently. Add to that the duplicate issue I'm having with matched and uploaded files from my computer, and it's just a royal pain in the ***.

Local syncing seems to be the only way to get things how I want them.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I performed a factory reset, because I really want this service to work. Unfortunately, I'm still having issues downloading music to the device. One album could take HOURS, and often just never finishes.

Is anyone else having this issue?

mihesq

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I performed a factory reset, because I really want this service to work. Unfortunately, I'm still having issues downloading music to the device. One album could take HOURS, and often just never finishes.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Me too, one album took all night downloading and when I woke up in the morning it still wasnt done. That and the fact I have no idea where the music is downloading.

It also seems that when you play mp3s on the phone they play perfectly with no delay. But any song you "pin" to the device that supposedly downloaded to the phone still has to buffer, though not as long as streaming a song.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
be sure to also watch the data it consumes...for some reason this now uses an insane amount of background data...Since yesterday I have played maybe 6-7 songs tops and foreground data is about 40mb while background is around 120mb...and its not from any radio channel use..its me searching for an individual song and playing it one at a time

If you dont have unlimited, this will kill your data cap very quickly

After a brief search of this issue..it seems to be widespread AND has been around since Google Music launch :(

Do you have all the caching options turned off?

I have no issues other than the smearing of album art.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My only beef with the app/service, and there may be a simple solution I just haven't seen, is I can't find a way to download the songs to my device except for one at a time with the pushpin icon. I'd like to be able to do some sort of "batch download" where I select entire playlists to download while on a WiFi connection. Like I said, it may be there but if so, it's not in a very easy place to find it IMO.

When I view a playlist I am seeing a pushpin icon immediately to the right of the name for downloading the whole playlist at once. You aren't seeing that? I just tried it, and aside from being a little on the slow side it's working fine.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you have all the caching options turned off?

I have no issues other than the smearing of album art.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I do indeed..I have everything that would cause high data use turned off..I did find that checking off the disable background data option pretty much stopped the background usage...but I have yet to actually play one song from start to finish lol...I just want to know why the heck this app needs SO much background data in the first place

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got an update for play music, it has been mostly ok for me so far so we will see if this works the kinks out.
Off to play some David Byrne :)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon