Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Syncing iPhoto with HTC One

Hi guys,

I made the jump over from a iPhone 5, I have been a iPhone user since the very first one (not available in Australia imported and jail broke it)
    Anyway so very much in the Apple ecosystem, I also use a Mac. Its been a experience trying to work it all out, the Apple system just worked but I was looking for something different with a bigger screen, I'm very happy with the new phone but things just don't play nicely together, I used HTC sync for the initial sync and it worked ok, brought my music across without any problems but once it came to my photo's the issues started! it synced part of my library across and just dumped the photo's in a whole mess of folders, some folders only had 1 or 2 photo's. I did a little bit of reading and came across Syncmate, I paid the $40 for the upgrade to get photo syncing, this is the only part I wanted. I feel ripped off, I had to made a new album for each iPhoto event for it to sync and once I finished that I started adding the shares in Syncmate, it has no progress bar so you don't know what its doing and it took for ever, I wiped all the photo's off my phone to start again, when I tried removing shares it locked up and I had to quit it and start again. Anyway after all of Sunday it finished the sync, it synced the albums over missing a bunch of photo's and also adding about 50 other folders with 1 or 2 photo's in them.
    Has anyone worked out a good solution? I'm thinking about trying out dropbox but have to look into it.
    Any pointers and advise would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Syncing iPhoto with HTC One

Hi
    I'm also in the mac eco system and recently switched.
    HTC sync is awful and will eventually fail.
    I'd give up and go for wireless syncing options. First drop box can sync from the iPhoto folder to phone and back. Also Google music does a great job of syncing between iTunes and Google play on the phone.

AirDroid is a good drag and drop solution, I haven't figured out syncing yet. I will say, I can't stand HTC Sync.

The truth is that there is no good way to integrate the HTC One into an Apple environment. Because the device doesn't mount as a camera or readable file system iPhoto and Aperture aren't even aware of the device.

The best you can do is use the Android File Transfer utility to drag them to your computer and then manually import the media. It's a massive step backwards, but at least it works.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon