Viber in call audio problem

Prime1981

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys i am kind of new to all this, don't really do forums, but thought i'd give it a try. As soon as i moved from my iPhone 5 to the HTC One i installed viber, everyone uses it that i care about. And on version 2.3 there was major battery drain (AudioOut_4 partial wakelock) and i could barely hear the other person on the line. So installed an earlier version, fixed the battery drain, not the in call volume. Finally version 3 came out, again battery drain is fixed from 2.3, but still i can barely hear anyone, and yes all my volume settings are maxed out, hardware and software, and on their line too (which Viber services recommended me to do lol when going to them with the problem - set volume on high :p). Anyways, doesn't happen with GSM calling, skype, kakaotalk, or LINE app, all the audio is fine on those. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and if so, did they find a fix for it :). Sorry for the waffle :p

anon(5982703)

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest version of Viber on the HTC One and do not have any such problems. Are you on stock ? What software version ? Try clearing the cache and/or app data : Settings >Apps>Viber >Clear data / Clear cache. Also try going in viber's settings and tap restore viber defaults.

Not related but helpful, in Viber go to settings(menu>more options> setting) and under Wi-Fi sleep policy select "Use device's settings." This will allow your One to turn off wifi ( if option is selected) if you do not use the phone. It will save battery life a lot but you will go offline if you do not use your phone for a long time and connected to a WiFi network.

A Paulraj

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
My mobile is XOLO A700 model phone. I have recently got installed the VIBER software successfully in my mobile and I am able to make and receive the calls from my friends and relatives who also have got VIBER softwares in their mobiles and continue the talking properly.

However the peculiar problem is that " When I am making an outward call through VIBER, though the call reaches the dialled mobile, the destination mobile does not ring and hence the particular call is appearing in its missed calls list. Similarly when my friends and relatives are calling me through VIBER, my mobile also does not ring and the call goes to missed call list. Hence we are forced to make paid calls only, though both our mobiles are compatible enough to make free calls. Ultimately both myself and my relatives would be fortunate enough to make or receive the VIBER calls only if both of us simultaneously carry and hold our mobiles always in hand and looking into the screen. You will agree this said situation is not possible at any cost, Further I would like to record that my mobile is full of missed calls made by relatives from Singapore and Australia."

Under these circumstances, kindly let me have a permanent solution to this peculiar problem to enable me use this installed VIBER software successfully and effectively.

Thanks.

A Paulraj.

Liamhog

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
However the peculiar problem is that " When I am making an outward call through VIBER, though the call reaches the dialled mobile, the destination mobile does not ring and hence the particular call is appearing in its missed calls list. Similarly when my friends and relatives are calling me through VIBER, my mobile also does not ring and the call goes to missed call list. Hence we are forced to make paid calls only, though both our mobiles are compatible enough to make free calls. ....

Hi,
I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol