HTC ONE wallpaper - no cropping

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Please if anyone knows about a website or app that I can find wallpapers that fit the HTC ONE screen perfectly.
I hate cropping the wallpapers I download cause I lose 80% of the picture.
I have downloaded the app where you can set the wallpaper to fit the screen but then I'm left with those horrible black bars at the top and bottom of the pic.
Another helpfull use told me this happens when the wallpaper I downloaded are not the same size as my screen.
I would really, really appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks a stack

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
If you go to Settings-Personalise-Wallpaper you should be given a choice between HTC Wallpaper/Live Wallpaper/Gallery. Choosing either of the first two only allows you to choose between dedicated wallpapers that are already the right size so there are no cropping options. If you have downloaded a specific image however it should be somewhere in your gallery and when you select it from there you should get full control of the crop.

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks .. but that is just the thing .. I dont want to crop !!!! The wallpapers that are on the phone is ugly and boring.. I want to download my own .. but I want the full pic .. I dont want to save it in my gallery and then when I sekect it as a wallpaper still need to crop it ... I HATE THE WHOLE CROPPING THING... Then I can only use a portion of the pic. . i am greedy .. I want to see the whole pic .. as it is ... Thanks

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks .. but that is just the thing .. I dont want to crop !!!! The wallpapers that are on the phone is ugly and boring.. I want to download my own .. but I want the full pic .. I dont want to save it in my gallery and then when I sekect it as a wallpaper still need to crop it ... I HATE THE WHOLE CROPPING THING... Then I can only use a portion of the pic. . i am greedy .. I want to see the whole pic .. as it is ... Thanks

Then you need to find an image that has the same size ratio as the screen, doesn't have to be the same resolution. Once you have the image in your gallery you can use the process described above, the software will show the crop screen but you just zoom out the crop lines to show the whole image and bingo, job done.

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys .. I did search on google but when you insert the screen size its all widescreen .. will try the app u suggested ... Thanks so much

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys .. I did search on google but when you insert the screen size its all widescreen .. will try the app u suggested ... Thanks so much

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I searched for the same option and landed here. Fortunately i got the solution from google search, download the "wallpaper wizardrii" application from google play store. It has all the possibility.. Enjoy then.. :)

Thanks
Jeeva.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
jane, go to images.google.com and do your search. Afterwards, under Search Tools, go to size and specify 1080 wide by 1920 tall, and you will only see images that perfectly fit the HTC One's screen. Bookmark that page, and then every time you use the bookmark you'll be back at Google's image search but that size filter will still be applied and you'll get more great images for your wallpapers! If you pick an image be sure to select Download Original Size so you get the full image and not a reduced copy of it.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Exact what I've been doing for the past hour or 2. Trying to find hi res wallpapers that are 1080 x 1920. With little to no luck. Thanks to the above for the tips!

cne1955

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I created a blank image 1080x1920 in photoshop. Resized the image I want to use as wallpaper 560x980 and pasted that image into the center of the blank image, Saved that image. When I set that image as wallpaper, the cropping box fit the image pasted in the center.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I got quite a few from Google the other day. I searched size 1080x1920.

I also discovered a site called www.wallpapersforgalaxys4.com which has a nice selection but not as many.

You can also try searching for Galaxy S4 wallpapers. There are many sites but I haven't checked them out.

Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

cookienhtc

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello JaneGI,

Greetings, fellow HTC One user!

This was also an issue for me even when I made my own custom 1080x1920 wallpapers and uploaded them to my HTC One. I've tried both "Wallpapryus" and "Wallpaper Wizardrii" and neither of them seems to work right (for the HTC one, that is). For some reason, it just won't seem to recognize if the picture you've selected is already the correct aspect ratio (16x9).

Anyhow, I finally found an app on Google Play Store that works like a charm. It is called "Wallpaper Setter" by jpcxc. Once installed, it will basically work just as easily as setting the stock HTC One wallpapers (which extends all the way to the top "Notification Bar") without needing to do any further cropping or adjustments.

Link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.jpcxc.wallpaper&hl=en&token=NZJx_Di1

But of course, you have to make sure that the pictures you have (uploaded) into your personal gallery to be used as wallpaper are already cropped/sized/re-sized at a 19:6 resolution e.g. 1080x1920, 608x1080, etc... I uploaded my own custom wallpapers to my phone which were optimized at 608x1080 and they look awesome.

Hope this helps. Have a great one!

Last edited:

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I know you know this but you can enlarge the cropping window by dragging the side of it. You may not still get quite all of the image but I can't imagine you'd loose 80%. You'd loose anything outside of the 16:9 ratio though.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I know you know this but you can enlarge the cropping window by dragging the side of it. You may not still get quite all of the image but I can't imagine you'd loose 80%. You'd loose anything outside of the 16:9 ratio though.

Thank you so much for this!! I was having the same issue. I assumed that pinch to zoom would manipulate the crop box but it does not, but dragging from the side worked perfectly.

Tiltshift

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
But that is exactly the problem. The screen can display the image in its fully uncropped ratio, so there is no reason it should need to be cropped to apply it as a wallpaper, nevermind that comment about finding an image in the correct ratio..... There is absolutly no reason that it shouldn't be able to directly apply a full sized image as a wallpaper.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys talking about the same phone I'm using? I'm finding my phone only shows desktop as portrait. It also doesn't move backgrounds as I swipe through my panes.

This means any background works. There is no 'cropping' per se as the left n right side wouldn't have been visible on a sliding desktop swipe until I moved to the other pane.

I've been tickled pink that all of my portrait photos can now be backgrounds w/zero cropping.

mitch0777

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello Jane,

I've got a HTC one phone to and I have the same problem. Even if I download a 1080x1920px wallpaper the phone is asking me to crop it. In order to resolve this problem I select the image I want to set as a background and when it asks me to crop it I tap the right corner of the 'selector' and drag my finger to the right side of the screen - horizontal.
As in this image where the number 5 is.
600x695xsteps.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Q6IlZePDJU.jpg

This way I select the entire image.
Hope this helps you. If not you can read more on How to set the home screen wallpaper - HTC wallpapers

Best Regards!