Access to Notification Shade in Landscape?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, so most know that I had a One, gave it to my daughter after a week and got an S4. I was fortunate to grab a 2nd One off of Ebay for $100 less than the ATT contract free version so I grabbed it and got it today. I intend on making this my weekend, I'm bored with my S4 phone although my wife is already eyeing my One to replace her iPhone 4S.

To the point....when playing a game like Angry Birds Space or JetPack Joyride(only 2 apps I've tried so far) I can't access the notification shade to take a peak at any notifications that arrive during my game. On the S4, I can pull down the shade, which automatically pauses the game, see what's waiting for me and then either go to the notification or back to the game, right where I left off.

Am I missing a setting? Is this a feature limited to the S4 or 4.2.2.?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, so most know that I had a One, gave it to my daughter after a week and got an S4. I was fortunate to grab a 2nd One off of Ebay for $100 less than the ATT contract free version so I grabbed it and got it today. I intend on making this my weekend, I'm bored with my S4 phone although my wife is already eyeing my One to replace her iPhone 4S.

To the point....when playing a game like Angry Birds Space or JetPack Joyride(only 2 apps I've tried so far) I can't access the notification shade to take a peak at any notifications that arrive during my game. On the S4, I can pull down the shade, which automatically pauses the game, see what's waiting for me and then either go to the notification or back to the game, right where I left off.

Works for me.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

HaHa! Madame Misty consult her crystal ball, see a THIRD Htc One in smack-talking counselors' future! Meanwhile, stuttering Gs4 languish in drawer, only to be resurrected to take day pic! (Maybe)

(Sorry, can't help with your problem, I got the same result.) There is kind of a menu on the bottom left that has a notifications icon, but I'm not sure if it belongs to the game or the phone.

Last edited:

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
HaHa! Madame Misty consult her crystal ball, see a THIRD Htc One in smack-talking counselors' future! Meanwhile, stuttering Gs4 languish in drawer, only to be resurrected to take day pic! (Maybe)

(Sorry, can't help with your problem, I got the same result.) There is kind of a menu on the bottom left that has a notifications icon, but I'm not sure if it belongs to the game or the phone.

Could be function of ADW launcher on mine.

OK, so I downloaded angry birds just for you. It doesn't allow pull down shade. So it seems to be an angry bird issue, as it works in portrait in other apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678