Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Hello guys. I'm new to the forum. Just bought a HTC one after having an iPhone since the 3g came out.

    Seeing as how this is my first Android, I feel pretty lost. I am trying to figure out how to use group chat and am not having much luck.

    I downloaded GO SMS Pro, and thought that it was working. However, now I can only send texts and photos. When the recipients respond, I don't receive the texts. And the few times I do, it's not in the group chat window, but a separate one.

    I do have MMS Group Chat Enabled. Not sure if I need to remove the stock messaging app, or adjust any other settings.

    Basically I'd like to be able to text and share photos, as well as receive texts in one group chat window. Is this possible with Go SMS or any other app?
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,520 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by MTerry00 View Post
    Hello guys. I'm new to the forum. Just bought a HTC one after having an iPhone since the 3g came out.

    Seeing as how this is my first Android, I feel pretty lost. I am trying to figure out how to use group chat and am not having much luck.

    I downloaded GO SMS Pro, and thought that it was working. However, now I can only send texts and photos. When the recipients respond, I don't receive the texts. And the few times I do, it's not in the group chat window, but a separate one.

    I do have MMS Group Chat Enabled. Not sure if I need to remove the stock messaging app, or adjust any other settings.

    Basically I'd like to be able to text and share photos, as well as receive texts in one group chat window. Is this possible with Go SMS or any other app?
    Welcome to the forums and android. Go sms is an add on for Go launcher. Probably biggest reason it isnt working.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums and android. Go sms is an add on for Go launcher. Probably biggest reason it isnt working.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thank you for the quick reply.

    Does that mean Go Launcher is not very reliable?

    Is there another app that would be better?
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,520 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by MTerry00 View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply.

    Does that mean Go Launcher is not very reliable?

    Is there another app that would be better?
    No. A lot of peopke use it. Tge sms us just an optional add on.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    You can so group chat in the stock app. No need for 3rd party app. Just go into settings, MMS settings. Enable group messaging.
    Now you can send group messages but if someone else is unable to do group chat thier responses may come back in a separate thread. May. Not always.

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by MTerry00 View Post
    Hello guys. I'm new to the forum. Just bought a HTC one after having an iPhone since the 3g came out.

    Seeing as how this is my first Android, I feel pretty lost. I am trying to figure out how to use group chat and am not having much luck.

    I downloaded GO SMS Pro, and thought that it was working. However, now I can only send texts and photos. When the recipients respond, I don't receive the texts. And the few times I do, it's not in the group chat window, but a separate one.

    I do have MMS Group Chat Enabled. Not sure if I need to remove the stock messaging app, or adjust any other settings.

    Basically I'd like to be able to text and share photos, as well as receive texts in one group chat window. Is this possible with Go SMS or any other app?
    Try Handcent. It's better than the stock apps and group chat works fine. After you download the app, you have to download the group chat plugin and then enable group threading in the settings. After that, you're good to go. I was on a chat with about 10 people the other day and worked perfectly.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    What? You don't have to have Go launcher to use Go SMS Pro.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    I recently turned on the group MMS chat in the stock messaging app and have had no problem with incoming and outgoing group messages. The other recipients were iOS iMessage users and everything worked great. I've used GoSMS Pro in the past and it has some nice tricks but the user interface is a bit cartoonish (as are most of the skins) and the app can be buggy at times. So far I'm sticking with the stock app.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs OfWar View Post
    I recently turned on the group MMS chat in the stock messaging app and have had no problem with incoming and outgoing group messages. The other recipients were iOS iMessage users and everything worked great. I've used GoSMS Pro in the past and it has some nice tricks but the user interface is a bit cartoonish (as are most of the skins) and the app can be buggy at times. So far I'm sticking with the stock app.
    For some reason, Go SMS Pro isn't working at all. I am receiving no texts when the other participants send messages in their group chat window. I'm pretty sure they (iOS iMessage users) have it setup right, as before I traded my phone it was working fine.

    And when I use the stock messaging app, I can send them in group chat, but I don't receive them in group chat. Each response is received in an individual window.

    I feel like an old man trying to figure out simple settings....
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Try Handcent. It's better than the stock apps and group chat works fine. After you download the app, you have to download the group chat plugin and then enable group threading in the settings. After that, you're good to go. I was on a chat with about 10 people the other day and worked perfectly.
    I think I'll try Handcent. Will I need to do anything with the stock messaging app? Delete it or adjust any settings? Or does it matter?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by MTerry00 View Post
    I think I'll try Handcent. Will I need to do anything with the stock messaging app? Delete it or adjust any settings? Or does it matter?
    You'd probably just want to turn off notifications for the stock app then that way you don't get duplicate notifications. Some users like to freeze (disable) or remove apps they won't use. I don't recommend removing stock app IF you don't have a backup. And you'll need root and a backup program for that. So don't worry about that for now
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by MTerry00 View Post
    For some reason, Go SMS Pro isn't working at all. I am receiving no texts when the other participants send messages in their group chat window. I'm pretty sure they (iOS iMessage users) have it setup right, as before I traded my phone it was working fine.

    And when I use the stock messaging app, I can send them in group chat, but I don't receive them in group chat. Each response is received in an individual window.

    I feel like an old man trying to figure out simple settings....
    I get my group MMS messages in one thread and can send to all recipients from that thread all within the stock app. My MMS settings are:
    Auto-retrieve - Checked
    Priority Normal
    Max message size - 300K
    Group messaging - checked
    Group Messaging phone number - my cell phone number was auto entered here after checking the above.
  13. #13  

    Smile Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Easy. Go settings. Select advance. Click on send& receiving settings. Scroll to the very last option that says MMS group chat. Clicking that option will now keep your incoming and outgoing messaging in 1 thread.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    I am having similar issues and am so frustrated. I ditched iPhone 4s for HTC One and cannot receive group messages. I have tried handsense, Gosms and the stock app. I have make sure group message (MMS) is turned on, that auto retrieve is turned on, and have read blogs for hours. Still not receiving group messages. My friends can receive mine but I don't get the responses. PLEASE HELP!
  15. #15  
    lakaw's Avatar

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    You can so group chat in the stock app. No need for 3rd party app. Just go into settings, MMS settings. Enable group messaging.
    Now you can send group messages but if someone else is unable to do group chat thier responses may come back in a separate thread. May. Not always.

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    This is true, but with exceptions...

    Group chat wasn't introduced to the stock Android app until 4.2.x. From my experience, it works perfectly with other Android users using the stock app (with OS ver 4.2.X), works perfectly with iOS, does not work well with Blackberry.
  16. #16  
    luvsmobile's Avatar
    Luvzmobile

    Posts
    188 Posts

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    For group chat I use . It does great and the people in your groups do not need the app to send or receive messages once you add them.
    HTC One
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC Evo LTE
    Nexus 10
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Have you turned off iMessage on all of your IOS devices. If you haven't you will not receive replies.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    I just called Verizon. they said as long as iphone has imessage on, group chats will not go through to android devices... and I happen to think that's unfair and exclusive. Hope that helps.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    It sounds like the iMessage bug. You'll need to disable iMessage on that phone number. I can't remember the specifics but there is at least one thread talking about it here. Something about disconnecting iMessage from your phone number through the apple account or something.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Make sure you check your settings. In the Native texting application select the menu and Multimedia Messages (MMS), make sure Group Messaging is turned on. This should help.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Quote Originally Posted by andreamhall View Post
    I am having similar issues and am so frustrated. I ditched iPhone 4s for HTC One and cannot receive group messages. I have tried handsense, Gosms and the stock app. I have make sure group message (MMS) is turned on, that auto retrieve is turned on, and have read blogs for hours. Still not receiving group messages. My friends can receive mine but I don't get the responses. PLEASE HELP!
    I have an HTC One as well, with the stock OS. Make sure you check your settings. In the Native texting application select the menu and Multimedia Messages (MMS), make sure Group Messaging is turned on. This should help.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    I have tried downloading the Go SMS Pro app and selecting MMS Group Chat and all of the options in-putted above but that did not seem to work. I tried this with my apn settings in-putted and without but neither seemed to work. The iphone users also have their group chat setting option turned on also but still doesn't work. Is it possible my Canadian Network doesn't work? Does anyone seem to know why. My text messages are just sent to the iphone's individually, I am using a Nexus 4 device.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    please help! i cannot send messages using GO SMS Pro but can receive. whenever I send a message be it short or long, the animated green arrow just keeps on moving and notifications indicate that Messages could not be send and will be sent when system will be availabale my native app works perfectly fine that is why im using it temporarily. how to fix this. please help.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    Please anyone can help, I'm not able to find GO SMS Pro setting and deactivate the message vibration. Thanks.
  25. #25  

    Unhappy Re: Question regarding GO SMS Pro (or other apps w/ group chat)

    hello
    my Go SMS Pro is not working means there is problem with log in setup my Go SMS Pro is not activated.. i'm receiving messages but can't send
    i'm using Samsung galaxy S any call Korean version. plz help me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. go sms pro app
    By 0331devildog in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM
  2. Go SMS Pro question
    By BrownSugar622 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 01:47 PM
  3. widget locker and go sms pro question
    By hybridboy695 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 04:00 PM
  4. [app] GO SMS Pro
    By dEris in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus V
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 12:07 AM
  5. Phone locator pro or other phone locating app?
    By MartinRW in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

B