1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Charging question

Can we use our old HTC One X or Evo 3D charging plugs? Power in the wall.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Default Re: Charging question

Yup you can use any micro/mini usb charger. I charger several devices with the same charger and the one that came with the HTC one is really short.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    Yup you can use any micro/mini usb charger. I charger several devices with the same charger and the one that came with the HTC one is really short.

I understand that. I just know that the HTC One has a lower charging time...Or is this a software driven thing? Guess I do not fully understand it. I just don't wanna kill my device! It's perfect!!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    I understand that. I just know that the HTC One has a lower charging time...Or is this a software driven thing? Guess I do not fully understand it. I just don't wanna kill my device! It's perfect!!
    You can charge most phones that have the micro usb connector with most mobile chargers. As long the "output" is 5 volts @ 700mA-2A my HTC charger has a 1amp output and anything less I get a notification on the screen saying that it's slow charging and attach the HTC charger for a faster charge. The higher the (amperage or mA) with the charger the faster the battery will charge itself. I'm not sure if 2 amps is the highest input your phone can receive for a charge but that's the highest one I've seen in a ZAGG "Sparq" battery backup charger.

My DNA sent this...

If it says USB Charging, that takes forever... One thing weird I found out about if I add an extension to the micro usb cable, it changes from USB Charging to AC Charging which I can see my battery charges at a better rate.

Quote Originally Posted by user242 View Post
    The higher the (amperage or mA) with the charger the faster the battery will charge itself.
    Not necessarily true with the One. It will only accept 1 amp. It you throw 2 amps at it it won't charge any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by simony View Post
    One thing weird I found out about if I add an extension to the micro usb cable, it changes from USB Charging to AC Charging which I can see my battery charges at a better rate.
    I don't think the phone is actually charging any faster with the extension, it's just fooling the phone into thinking it's pulling more power.

If the data lines are present many devices assume you are connected to a standard USB port and restrict the charge rate to 500mAh. If the data lines are connected together it charges at a higher rate. It's likely the adapter is shorting the data lines so the phone is happy to draw more current as it knows it is connected to a power source. If it says "AC" then it is charging faster than "USB" assuming the charger is capable of providing more than 500mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post

Actually, i agree with you 100%! I had an HTC Incredible S before the HTC One, which i bought about about 2 years ago, is much longer than the HTC One charger :/