Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AdamsHouseCat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Switching to ATT Optimus G Pro or HTC One?

Which one? I went into Verizon today and decided, I'm out. So I went to ATT and looked at both the HTC One, which I was leaning towards, and not I am looking at the Optimus G Pro and holy crap! The screen is gorgeous, bugger too, it felt faster too! So what do by our guys think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I've watched Android since day 1 and I can't believe what it has become.

Phones: LG Optimus G Pro, LG Optimus L9, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Incredible 2, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Motorola Droid 2
    Tablets: Archos 7, Nexus 7 2013, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab+ 7.0, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air

Default Re: Switching to ATT Optimus G Pro or HTC One?

No reason it should be any faster, but if if the size of the handset is OK for you I can't blame you for being attracted to that 5.5" screen! Before you bite, I would make sure the battery was gong to be at least adequate (and I have no idea).
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsHouseCat View Post
    No reason it should be any faster, but if if the size of the handset is OK for you I can't blame you for being attracted to that 5.5" screen! Before you bite, I would make sure the battery was gong to be at least adequate (and I have no idea).
    I will defiantly research that manner. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I've watched Android since day 1 and I can't believe what it has become.

Phones: LG Optimus G Pro, LG Optimus L9, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Incredible 2, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Motorola Droid 2
    Tablets: Archos 7, Nexus 7 2013, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab+ 7.0, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air

G pro has removable and replaceable battery so that is a moot point!

Get whatever feels better to you. Spec wise they are very similar. See what camera you like better. No way the G Pro can touch the Ones speakers.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtnew View Post

Get whatever feels better to you. Spec wise they are very similar. See what camera you like better. No way the G Pro can touch the Ones speakers.
    After having the HTC One for a little while I can tell you that the HTC One will not disappoint! However I'm sure both phones are good. Go with what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtnew View Post

Not a moot point at all. I want my battery to last me all day - and it easily does. I would not be at all satisfied with a phone that required me to buy / keep up with / use a second battery.
    Jillxz likes this.

I would go with the OGP. It has a larger screen, bigger battery, and a better camera in my opinion. Plus you can expand your memory.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsHouseCat View Post
    Not a moot point at all. I want my battery to last me all day - and it easily does. I would not be at all satisfied with a phone that required me to buy / keep up with / use a second battery.
    There are plenty of times with my one I'd like a replaceable battery. Not all days are equal. On heavy use days there is no way you make it all day. But I'm sure our definitions of heavy use differ.

Posted via Android Central App

Both great phones. In my opinion, the speakers, beats audio, and camera on the One make me go for the HTC. What really sealed the deal for me on the HTC was build quality. I have used the G Pro, and although it was fast and nice, it just didn't feel good coming from an HTC One. Huge difference.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

If you are going to use this phone for actually getting stuff done, take good long hard look at the apps you are going to be using regularly (like calendar and contacts and phone, etc.) and the user interface design. I think you will find the One to be superior to the LG. HTC's software has always felt much more mature and thought out to me than LG's.

As my everyday driver, I use the ONE. I like the size of the One vs a larger phone. If I had two lines with my provider I wouldn't mind having a larger phone but having one line, the One just fits me better. As for the battery, the One gets me thur an entire work day. It is off of the charger at 07:30 every morning and goes until Midnight. For those really heavy days, I have a Mophie juice Pack and it doubles the capacity for me.

I like the OGP.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

I have both. I use the One. The big screen is nice on the OGP, but that is one of only a few advantages for the OGP. Call quality is terrible and the signal was iffy sometimes. The camera is poor and while the screen is big, it is washed out. Everything looks dull. I like the customization of the folders on the OGP and the stock calendar, contacts and email apps are slightly better on it. I like everything else about the One better.

Cool Re: Switching to ATT Optimus G Pro or HTC One?

I got the one on release day and loved it. No issues whatsoever. The front facing speakers along with beats audio sound great. I was keeping an eye on the ogp for some time because i was just curious as to how good/ bad having a screen that size could be. So I picked up the ogp on release day and it has been my daily driver since. The battery is just fine. On a low use day, just a few phone calls and some texting, checking facebook and so on I can around 40 hrs. before a recharge is needed. On a heavy day dont really recall, but it made it through the day until I got home from work. I certainly dont feel that there are battery issues with either phone, actually imo theese two phones have the best battery life of ant android phone I have used. Performance wise both the same. I do not have any issues or problems with the lg ui, or sense for that matter. Camera is fine for me, my theory on todays cameras is that this is still a phone. If I need to have superb quality photos I will use my slr. Like I said it is a phone so either the ogp or the one I have no issues there either. Screens are great on both as well. I really think it just comes down to weather or not you feel the size is right. The size does not bother me, I've tried to use the one on occasion but keep going back to the one. In the end which ever you chose I do not think you will be unhappy. Just my .02, if the does not bother you go for the ogp, give the under dog a shot. Enjoy

I'd give LG a shot. They've made pretty big strides lately.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P