Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need help unrooting Sprint HTC One

I traded my Note 2 for an HTC One (Sprint) and it is rooted running Viper Rom. I love it! I just wanted to play with it myself first haha, I think my biggest gripe is that it has like a privacy feature or something and some times I have a hard time seeing a menu screen. The guy said it was some privacy setting but I cannot find it anywhere to disable it! So, I was just gonna unroot the phone, and have my own adventures with it (rerooting, flashing whatever rom I find interesting etc.). I've Googled and I do not see anything regarding this darn privacy/annoying super dark menu screen. When I was on the phone with Sprint while we were swapping devices, I almost had to go to Sprint because I couldn't see the menu to reset the MSID and stuff....it is frustrating. I get on Facebook and I can't see the menu for my settings so I can adjust them. Any help either getting rid of this dark screen or how to unroot please help me! I have been trying to install ADB on my windows computers, but for some ungodly reason that doesn't want to work either. Is it possible to do this on a mac? That's what I'm looking up to do now, but I figured asking here wouldn't hurt either. At least my Samsung phones were easy to root haha! Thanks in advance for any help

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: I need help unrooting Sprint HTC One

It's easier to use adb on Linux. Grab a distro of Ubuntu, then navigate to developer.google.com and download the sdk. You're now done.
    Ubuntu also doesn't require drivers for android phones.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

All of that confused me lol! I've never dealt with Linux or Ubuntu...so I'm lost on all of that lol. I will do some more Googling and see what I can come up with to make sense of what you said haha!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is there a way to do it without using ADB or whatever or using a different OS on my computer? I can't figure out the Ubuntu and ADB just won't install properly on my computer for some ungodly reason. Or is there a way to do it on a Macbook Air?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Anyone else have any suggestions? Sorry if I'm being a burden...I am just completely lost right now All of my Sammys were super easy!

I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube on how to root from a mac... You should be able to find them by doing a general search but if you don't, I'll try to find the links for you. Just let me know.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I've been looking on YouTube, but the ones I have found are for other variants of HTC phones. I can't find one specifically for the One. Do you think they would still work if I followed the same basic steps?

http://qbking77.com/development/how-...ne-to-stock-2/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta