Back Button MOD

xeron72548

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there any app or mod I can use to lock/unlock my phone by pessing and holding the back button down. I really don't like reaching all the way to the top for the power button and I feel as if this would be easier.

Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there any app or mod I can use to lock/unlock my phone by pessing and holding the back button down. I really don't like reaching all the way to the top for the power button and I feel as if this would be easier.

Thanks!

Yesterday I learned of something called, "auto on screen". It's mentioned a couple times in this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/282127-gs4-vs-one-made-up-my-mind-htc-one.html

This might be what you're looking for, but I haven't tried it out yet.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried that app. It's okay but not really great. You can set it up to wake up if you touch it or move the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

Honestly, you'll need to flash a custom Rom or kernel for this. I use cleanrom and I turn on with the volume keys and with bulletproof kernel you can long press the the HTC logo to wake up. I don't believe there are any reliable apps to do these things because you need to modify system settings normal apps don't do that.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums