1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why screen always goes off even while using google now or navigation?

Its weird my phone is plugged in to the power source in a car yet the screen and phone goes to sleep after 30 seconds or so. I dont mind when it is running on battery but plugged in? Anyone knows how to fix that?

Default Re: Why screen always goes off even while using google now or navigation?

That's not the Google navigation behavior that I see. I use it while on battery and when there are no turns approaching the screen will dim after 30 seconds (or something close to that) and stay dim until the next turn approaches and then go back to regular brightness to announce and show the upcoming directions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Why screen always goes off even while using google now or navigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs OfWar View Post
    That's not the Google navigation behavior that I see. I use it while on battery and when there are no turns approaching the screen will dim after 30 seconds (or something close to that) and stay dim until the next turn approaches and then go back to regular brightness to announce and show the upcoming directions.
    No mine completely goes black so I need to press power button and unlock the phone to carry on

Try this. Open Navigation, tap the three dot menu then Settings. Is the screen dimming box checked?

You got power save on? Uncheck "display".

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by secretLOVER View Post
    You got power save on? Uncheck "display".

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Yes I do, is that the reason, do I need to uncheck it in the notification bar like power save or this display thing is somewhere else?