HTC One: Do you honestly need a screen protector?

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Do you honestly need a screen protector?

Definitely going to get different answers on this one.

As for me, I just like the piece of mind it gives me having one.

Posted via Android Central App Using My Galaxy S4

I can totally understand the peace of mind a screen protector brings, but is it worth not touch that beautiful naked glass?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Back in the day with Dummy Phones, I didn't care but Super Phones today are costly and knowing that I will upgrade in 6 months I would like to keep the value as high as possible.

If I knew that I would keep for 3 years and I'm eligible for an upgrade (yes, we get screwed up here 12 more months :( ) I probably wouldn't care as much because honestly how much will the One be worth by then?

Back in the day in didn't even know what a screen protector was haha.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure the person who gets the phone after you will appreciate you keeping it so nice for him. Had my last phone over two years naked, and no scratches at all. Just don't put it in your pocket with your keys. BTW, the downside is that it makes the screen look ugly.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I have the Otterbox. I left the screen protector on. I also use the multi quote button when needed.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure the person who gets the phone after you will appreciate you keeping it so nice for him. Had my last phone over two years naked, and no scratches at all. Just don't put it in your pocket with your keys. BTW, the downside is that it makes the screen look ugly.

I byte at my phones like babies. Never cracked a screen. *knocks on wood

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Definitely worth getting a screen protector. Phones are expensive to fix and replace and even the best glass will scratch. A good screen protector like the Spigen glas.tr will look and feel great.. I have the Moshi iVisorXT protector and I'm pleased with it too. And this one is washable and reusable and does not ever bubble when applying and goes on in less than a minute.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Honestly no you don't.

My pit bull decided he was going to chew on my phone and although it scratched the metal, it never hurt the screen in the least little bit. Not a scratch on it. Before this phone I was a firm believer that you needed to have one, but my opinion has changed after the screen held up perfectly through it being chewed on.

Save your $20.

Sent from my HTC One

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Definitely worth getting a screen protector. Phones are expensive to fix and replace and even the best glass will scratch. A good screen protector like the Spigen glas.tr will look and feel great.. I have the Moshi iVisorXT protector and I'm pleased with it too. And this one is washable and reusable and does not ever bubble when applying and goes on in less than a minute.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

I want to look at that screen protector now. Post some pics?

Honestly no you don't.

My pit bull decided he was going to chew on my phone and although it scratched the metal, it never hurt the screen in the least little bit. Not a scratch on it. Before this phone I was a firm believer that you needed to have one, but my opinion has changed after the screen held up perfectly through it being chewed on.

Save your $20.

Sent from my HTC One

I agree. Maybe they could work on the coating process on the aluminum. Or if it doesn't have one making it more durable.

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

If you take the proper precautions, I don't think it's necessary. Although I did enjoy the ease of swyping and the fingerprint resistance when I used a screen protector on my previous phone -- HTC G2.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

If you take the proper precautions, I don't think it's necessary. Although I did enjoy the ease of swyping and the fingerprint resistance when I used a screen protector on my previous phone -- HTC G2.

I may try a more high quality screen protector.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I have not used a screen protector on my last three phones. No problems at all. I don't see the point in it with these new glass materials used.

I don't like the way screen protectors feel on the phone. I don't like the way they look on the phone. And, yes, they feel different and make the screen look different.

Each to his own, but I am not a fan of wrapping my tech with a bunch of stuff. I'm not a big fan of cases either.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

If you want a good resell value for your device then yes. Otherwise its your call. I personally always use one.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I have not used a screen protector on my last three phones. No problems at all. I don't see the point in it with these new glass materials used.

I don't like the way screen protectors feel on the phone. I don't like the way they look on the phone. And, yes, they feel different and make the screen look different.

Each to his own, but I am not a fan of wrapping my tech with a bunch of stuff. I'm not a big fan of cases either.

I hate screen protectors, cases meh, if I'm out and about I'll slap one on.

If you want a good resell value for your device then yes. Otherwise its your call. I personally always use one.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I hate screen protectors, cases meh, if I'm out and about I'll slap one on.

I have to admit I have a "thin and light" case on my One currently too. The aluminum is too slippery at times for me, and the bit of glass I do worry about scratching is the camera lens. My case provides just enough added lift for the lens to be off the surface of the desk or whatever.

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Anyone find a screen protector that doesn't affect the home and back buttons? I had an sgp clear protector on and it made the buttons a lot less responsive even after calibration. Thnaks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Screen protectors is like buying undercoating for your car. Biggest scam in the business........

Posted via Android Central App

Wait, so should I get the undercoating or not?

Screen protectors won't offer scratch proof protection, but the odds of getting light scratches or swirls are reduced due to daily use.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

anon(638630)

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I never used a screen protector until I scratched my Nexus 4 screen... So there you go haha.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

It really depends on how you use and handle the phone. My thought is to always invest in a screen protector if possible. You just never know. Fine sand or debris in your pocket will definitely scratch at the right angle or if the condition presents itself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, if you often find yourself in environments with a lot of grit you should get one. I don't so I stopped using them 2 years ago and have only gotten one tiny scratch in that time which is pretty good after all the times I dropped it lol. I didn't have a case on it that time so there wasn't a lip to prevent the screen from contacting surfaces

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20