Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Default Re: Do you honestly need a screen protector?

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Hate to say it but you must not have looked hard. Especially on that palm Pre. Scratch magnet . You make no sacrifices with a good screen protector like spigen glas. But you have every right to not put a screen protector on your phone. Just don't let others actually think they won't scratch their own phone if they don't use one too.

Screens scratch. No way around it. Just a question of when.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Use your own logic though... You can't tell him his doesn't scratch. It is all about how you handle a phone.. I've had my S3 since day one and believe me it doesn't have scratches. My coworker inspected the phone with me since he is buying it and doesn't want a beat up phone.. It looks just fine... But again I keep my phone in a dedicated pocket with NOTHING else in it.. So people that may put keys with a phone are of course going to get a scratch sooner or later. Mine simply is right pocket, nothing in it but the phone, and the screen facing my leg.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

ROM
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

That's me, dedicated phone pocket, no screen protector and screen always facing my leg. It sits on my desk screen up all day and gets used by a 6 year old pretty regularly on long trips to the store or car rides without issue. I'll never use one again, but I'm very conscious of it and I make a point to be careful.

My wife's iPhone gets thrown in her purse haphazardly all the time with keys and god knows what else is in there without an issue either. My daughter has been using my nexus 7 for over a year without an issue. Idk, just seems like to scratch them you just have to go out of your way and be downright careless with them. I'm not saying anybody is, just seems difficult to me.

Now with that said I won't go without a case but I keep it simple, TPU cases are all I use. However, if I worked in manufacturing or construction, I'd probably have an otterbox defender to be safe, though it would annoy the hell out of me.

If you managed to keep a scratch less phone then awesome. I take care of my stuff too. I keep my phone in my pocket also the same way, nothing else in the pocket. And same for love divine. Sorry for accusing that his or her phone couldn't possibly be scratch less.

But, all it takes is a couple grains of sand and sooner or later there will be scratches.

I just cannot advise anyone to expect not to get scratches not having a screen protector. I'd keep the phone completely uncovered if I could. I think it's wise to consider a glass screen protector. That is all.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

I have heard a grain of sand will scratch it. I don't believe it but then again I'm not keeping sand in my pocket. Haven't had one for years and won't ever use one. When you buy this phone there should be no real need to buy this extra crap with it or else they would just include it with the phone

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I have a dedicated phone pocket.. Only the phone.. And it's good to go!
    I do the same with one more trick: put the phone in your pocket screen facing outwards. That way the display is not pressed against you even when you sit.

That kept the display on my old phone virtually scratch free for over two years.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    Topgonzo likes this.

I cracked a screen doing that once (screen in pocket facing outward) by walking into a trailer hitch haha. It was an old flip phone though.

I use screen protectors because of my work environment, and peace of mind. I bought my htc one used, at an incredible price (~300) and it looks brand new. It has one minor ( I mean minor, invisible unless you look for it) scratch on a section of the screen. I only spotted it because I was cleaning the screen in order to put my screen protector on....so the screen can scratch.

That beings said, I have had several phones since the OG EVO, and i never used screen protectors and didn't have a problem. The iphone 5 I owned scratched easily,but I got it replaced for a manufacturer defect before I sold it. My galaxy note 2 always had a screen protector and a UAG case. Even with the case, the screen protector once saved it in a drop. I had a spigen screen protector on that did the equivalent of a bust (for plastic) when I dropped in face down.

I use a media devil now on my htc one, and it is incredible. I put it on, and it completely disappeared...better than spigen.

Not everyone needs a screen protector...but I do. I am clumsy, as of late. Also, I got to the beach often on lake Michigan, and sand will kill a phone.

Yes, a screen protectors are vital to me. I have used touch-screen devices for years now and I can tell you that they're extremely important, otherwise you'll end up with loads of scratches.
    HTC One 32GB Silver - TrickDroid 7.5.0 - S-OFF and Super CID

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Revolution HD 10.2

BlackBerry 9900

Quote Originally Posted by RenoD2010 View Post
    I do the same with one more trick: put the phone in your pocket screen facing outwards. That way the display is not pressed against you even when you sit.

That kept the display on my old phone virtually scratch free for over two years.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    I keep mine facing my leg incase I do something stupid like walking into a wall the screen doesn't take the front force.. The back does lol . :P

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

As long as you don't throw it all over the place, put it in pockets with change or your keys, you should be fine! I also recommend cleaning the screen a few times a week though! This is the first time I have ever gone without a SP and couldn't be happier!

I've got a scratch on my screen and I'm absolutely gutted about it. If I put a screen protector on it, will it cover the scratch so it's no longer visible? It is not there to the touch so not deep but obvious in daylight.

I've only ever tried crappy cheap protectors and hate the feel of them. Are these ones that are supposed to feel like glass as good as they seem? I love the feel of the glass when using the device but this scratch will drive me mental.

Doesn't the HTC One have Gorilla Glass?

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    I have heard a grain of sand will scratch it. I don't believe it but then again I'm not keeping sand in my pocket. Haven't had one for years and won't ever use one. When you buy this phone there should be no real need to buy this extra crap with it or else they would just include it with the phone

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I have a screen protector on mine just in case I get a grain of sand.... ...... After all, sand has a higher hardness than glass.

Quote Originally Posted by redzin View Post
    Doesn't the HTC One have Gorilla Glass?
    Yes. But after all, it is still glass. You can scratch it with any other element that has a higher hardness than glass......

$20 for a screen protector??? F that!
    I brought a pack of 6 for $1.80 on ebay

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie32 View Post
    I've got a scratch on my screen and I'm absolutely gutted about it. If I put a screen protector on it, will it cover the scratch so it's no longer visible? It is not there to the touch so not deep but obvious in daylight.

I've only ever tried crappy cheap protectors and hate the feel of them. Are these ones that are supposed to feel like glass as good as they seem? I love the feel of the glass when using the device but this scratch will drive me mental.
    I have had scratches on smart phone screens before, and depending on how deep it was, the film actually made it not visible. Try it and see!

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I have a Zedge on mine. I like how tough it is. Its GREAT protection, and it's nice that the film doesn't start looking scuffed or hazy like some of the other cheap ones I've tried. On the flip side it seems like every phone I have ever used them on seems a little itty bit less touch responsive. Not much, but still. Best buy price matched Amazon for me, and applied it PERFECTLY. No bubbles or anything. ..Plus the girl doing it was really cute so I mean that's clearly a bonus...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

If you are OCD, yes.

I feel it's very important to have a screen protector.

Sent From HTC One Android Revolution 31.0

I always have a protector on any new phone as I always baby them initially, towards the end when I know I'm getting a new phone I normally take it off and go completely naked while still babying the phone.

Used screen protectors for a while, found them to be a PIA, last two phones, no screen protector, no problems. I keep my phone in a leather case and keep the screen clean with lens wipes.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

I don't use em, never have...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I don't use any extra layer on my glass, my phone is for everyday using not for display, my note 2 after 1 year is almost in a perfect shape, never using a protector blabla, soon I have to change it for a new version (cracked? change it)

I have had two screen protectors on my HTC one and didn't like them because of how they felt and got the impression from my use that they hampered on the touch sensitivity of the screen. Now with that being said I do have some micro scratches that are hardly visible but nothing major. Advice: Don't keep your phone with your keys in the same pocket and don't let your kids play with your phone

Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    I would say no. I have an otterbox defender but removed the screen protector and not planning on putting one on.
    I did the same thing

Hate screen protectors

Sent from The One
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast