Has anyone removed the sticker off the back ATT HTC One?

joseph4200

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone removed it?

The sticker on the back that displays the serial # etc.

The lady at ATT told me not to remove it, but it's such an eye sore but I'm not sure if it will l leave behind sticky residue

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Any reason why you would keep it on? Can I not get this info in the phone?

Does it void the warranty?

It does not void the warranty. You CAN get the info from the phone, assuming that your phone has the ability to turn on! What many have done is to remove the sticker, stick it onto your receipt, and then, put your receipt where you would normally put such important things.

PS-- there is also a 2nd sticker, which came in your box when you got it.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The sticker is there for activation purposes only apparently.

I left mine there thinking it was permanent. Most of the barcode and lettering on it had worn off within about a week so I just peeled it off.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sticker? Is that what it is, I see them on pocketnow videos and thought it was just a demo unit sent to them to review.

I hate stickers on toys I buy, my girl's ASUS notebook is covered with them. :(

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone removed it?

The sticker on the back that displays the serial # etc.

The lady at ATT told me not to remove it, but it's such an eye sore but I'm not sure if it will l leave behind sticky residue

Moral of this story: salespeople at wireless stores can be incredibly clueless. It really is amazing: this is their JOB and they know far less on some basic things than any halfway-competent users. Rather mind-boggling when you think about it.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Moral of this story: salespeople at wireless stores can be incredibly clueless. It really is amazing: this is their JOB and they know far less on some basic things than any halfway-competent users. Rather mind-boggling when you think about it.

When I bought my One another sales person who wasn't helping me reminded me to get a task killer and not to forget to let the battery fully die before putting it on the charger. They should have walked away right then but alas I spoke my mind. The girl helping me looked amazed.

croweater73

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The info is also on the sim tray, just the imei number though, which is pretty much all we'll ever need, that's all that's we are asked for anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz