We might have the option of stock Android

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I seen this earlier and im sort of torn.. Seeing what would be lost when going to a pure Google OS....and how nice Sense 5 is with the IR Blaster which I use ALOT...Blinkfeed which I use daily,,,etc, I dont think it would be for me. Granted I came to the One from a Galaxy Nexus, the only things I liked about having a Nexus was Google Wallet, and the HUGE dev community lol.. I would say updates straight from Google but Verizon wasnt doing that...

Now something like a dual boot depending on the..well mood I was in...would spark my interest but otherwise im content with Sense 5..Im sure this would appeal to alot of people though and more power to them!!

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So you're in verizon with an HTC one? I'd love to have a dual boot option!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So you're in verizon with an HTC one? I'd love to have a dual boot option!

It isn't possible to have the HTC one on Verizon.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I know that but that's how his post read. I'm just waiting for Verizon to announce either a 32 gb sg4 or a 32 gb htc one.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't consider a One if it came with stock Android. I quite like Sense 5 and think I'd miss its features. I found stock android on my Nexus 7 pretty boring TBH.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah im sorry if my post confused anyone. I am on AT&T,,I was just making reference as to how Verizon gimped the Galaxy Nexus update wise is all

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My last two phones before the One were Nexus phones. Loved stock Android. I didn't think I would ever choose a manufacturer's mod over stock. But, I really like Sense 5, and would not trade it for stock Android. I didn't think I would ever say that, but HTC has done an excellent job, and added real value to the stock Android OS. Touchwiz, on the other hand, I would overwrite that mess in a heartbeat.