1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi dropping after sleep?

Hi,
    I just got my HTC One a few hours ago (international version) and I am having issues with WiFi. Everything works fine until I lock the device. Upon waking my phone, WiFi connection is lost, reconnects, and then although the connection shows up on the status bar, the internet does not work. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    jackos2500

Default Re: WiFi dropping after sleep?

Check your power settings I bet it kills the connection and your router or phone is not quickly restoring the connection
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by friedtators View Post
    Check your power settings I bet it kills the connection and your router or phone is not quickly restoring the connection
    I have my WiFi settings set to always keep the connection on (WiFi > Advanced > Keep WiFi on during sleep) and I have unchecked the option to put data connection to sleep when screen is off in the power saver menu... The thing that annoys me is that even though the WiFi drops and reconnects, once it has reconnected, the interent no longer works. I have to turn WiFi off and on again for it to work.

That sounds like a network problem then. Your wifi would need to be examined
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by friedtators View Post
    That sounds like a network problem then. Your wifi would need to be examined
    Do you mean an issue with my router?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

After fiddling with the settings, I found that changing the band mode in the advanced settings of WiFi to 5GHz fixed the internet not working after reconnect, but the it still drops after wake, despite me telling it not to...
    EDIT: Back to the same issue as before. I can confirm my router is not the problem as I have tested another router and the result is the same.
    Last edited by jackos2500; 05-31-2013 at 04:26 PM.

This sounds exactly like a problem I had on my HTC One X+ before AT&T rolled out an update a few months ago. Maybe something inherent in the way HTC uses WiFi chipsets.

As described here (and many other places): HTC One X Wifi problem (not the hardware issue)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs OfWar View Post
    This sounds exactly like a problem I had on my HTC One X+ before AT&T rolled out an update a few months ago. Maybe something inherent in the way HTC uses WiFi chipsets.

As described here (and many other places): HTC One X Wifi problem (not the hardware issue)
    I'm not exactly sure what the problem was but running has fixed it for me!
    Last edited by jackos2500; 06-01-2013 at 06:51 AM.