Tracking my sons iphone from my HTC One

ba04560

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm new to Android and have tried searching the forums with no luck. Here's my question, I have been using an iPhone since they came out but have recently made the switch to the HTC One (and Loving it!!!) but now I have no way of locating my sons iphone when he loses it. I installed Cerberus on my phone but apparently it doesn't work on iOS devices. Tried to use find my iPhone but it won't work on my phone. What, if anything, can I use????

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You can install the app "Where's my iphone" on his phone. You can track it with gps, by sending a message to his phone. It's from the same people who made "where's my droid". But it's not really a spying app if that's what you're looking for, because it can be easily uninstalled from the user.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Can't you access the info for/from the tracking/location software on his phone from the website of the app? For example, with Cerberus, you can find your phone by logging into the Cerberus website and locate and control the phone from any web browser on any computer/device. Isn't that the same way it works for iPhone locating apps too? Otherwise, what is the value in any of these type of apps? If you need the phone to locate the phone, what would be the point?

ba04560

May 17, 2013
Visit site
No, I'm not needing a spy app he just seems to misplace his phone a lot and I like to check on him when he's staying with a friend. How would the "Where's my iphone" app work from my HTC One?
You can install the app "Where's my iphone" on his phone. You can track it with gps, by sending a message to his phone. It's from the same people who made "where's my droid". But it's not really a spying app if that's what you're looking for, because it can be easily uninstalled from the user.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work in Chrome, but it kinda works in the built in HTC browser labeled "internet". It gives you a message that it may not work properly but just hit ignore and it takes you to the sign in screen. It is very large though but it works.

ba04560

May 17, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't work in Chrome, but it kinda works in the built in HTC browser labeled "internet". It gives you a message that it may not work properly but just hit ignore and it takes you to the sign in screen. It is very large though but it works.
Ok, I'll try this but how do I switch browsers? I didn't realize I was using chrome.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'll try this but how do I switch browsers? I didn't realize I was using chrome.

Go into the App Drawer (press the center button near the bottom that looks like a 3x3 grid of square dots). One browser is called "Internet". The othe browser is called "Chrome". Launch whichever one you want to use by pressing on it.

One thing that may help the site to function properly with the built in browser is to enable the Flash player. Do that by pressing on the menu button while in the browseer (looks like three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner). Check the box in the menu that drops down that says, "Enable Flash player". Just an idea. Not sure it will really improve things or not.

ba04560

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I tried it from the stock browser and when the page comes up it says "This browser does not support icloud.com".

ba04560

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Works great. But under settings, you have to check "Desktop View". Go to your apps and look for Internet.

I finally got it to work. It only shows the location of all phones without the ability to select only one of them but I guess it'll do for now, Thanks for the help!! One other question, if I download a different browser like firefox, will I still be able to choose between it and the stock browser?

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I finally got it to work. It only shows the location of all phones without the ability to select only one of them but I guess it'll do for now, Thanks for the help!! One other question, if I download a different browser like firefox, will I still be able to choose between it and the stock browser?

Yep. That's the beauty of Android. You can change that any time. I'm an ex iPhoner as well, and still learning a lot.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed Google Lattitude on my wife's iPhone and use Lattitude from Maps on my One to track her phone. For some reason it doesn't seem to be as exact as Find iPhone but it still works pretty well.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OP, try Boat Browser on the Play Store. Set the user agent to desktop and enable flash to always on. This should solve your problem.

Posted from my Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC