Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Android 4.2.2 (A sneaky look)

The above link will take you to a preview of the new look HTC one screens etc !
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: HTC One Android 4.2.2 (A sneaky look)

Got my update on the first.

Quote Originally Posted by yourbrokenoven View Post
    Lol

Sent from my HTC One
    Gator352 likes this.

Wow!

Looks absolutely TASTY!

What about lockscreen widgets? Thats seems to either be missing or the three different "previews" i have seen have forgotten to mention it.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourbrokenoven View Post
    How did you get it on the first when HTC just said it won't be pushed out until the middle of June?

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Looks good

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wonder what that Flipboard option is for Daydream? If it's the App, wonder if it will replace Blinkfeed, which is quite awful.

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    wonder what that Flipboard option is for Daydream? If it's the App, wonder if it will replace Blinkfeed, which is quite awful.
    I found this and it doesn't look like it has any thing to do with Blinkfeed. Since you have the S4 it should be on your phone.

Feature: Android 4.2 "Daydream" mode

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    What about lockscreen widgets? Thats seems to either be missing or the three different "previews" i have seen have forgotten to mention it.
    Yeah, this is the one thing I'd like to see too. But since HTC likes to make their own lock screens with a tons of options, they probably wont add it.

Looks good and they added somethings people have been wanting so it will be a good update.

Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    I found this and it doesn't look like it has any thing to do with Blinkfeed. Since you have the S4 it should be on your phone.

Feature: Android 4.2 "Daydream" mode

Seems like you are wrong or didnt watch the video. In the video, when discussing Daydream, there were 2 options, one was Daydream the other was Flipboard. From the link you posted(which is from last year) it seems HTC replaced Currents with a Flipboard option. This is quite intriguing since Blinkfeed is baked into the OS.

Oh by the way, I have 2 Ones AND an S4.

Seems like you are wrong or didnt watch the video. In the video, when discussing Daydream, there were 2 options, one was Daydream the other was Flipboard. From the link you posted(which is from last year) it seems HTC replaced Currents with a Flipboard option. This is quite intriguing since Blinkfeed is baked into the OS.

Oh by the way, I have 2 Ones AND an S4.
    James is right. I have an S4 in hand. The options for Daydream on the S4 are colors, Flipboard, photo frame, and photo table. Pretty sure this is the Flipboard developers and app taking advantage of the Daydream feature. Seems to have nothing to do with HTC or Blinkfeed.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for sharing. Update looks good, without being revolutionary (I don't think 4.2.2 adds a lot to the Android experience). Still hoping to see this on my DE within the next couple weeks. I like updates! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
    James is right. I have an S4 in hand. The options for Daydream on the S4 are colors, Flipboard, photo frame, and photo table. Pretty sure this is the Flipboard developers and app taking advantage of the Daydream feature. Seems to have nothing to do with HTC or Blinkfeed.

I know it's on the S4. The question is why did HTC include it in the 4.2.2 when it will directly compete with Blinkfeed out of the box?

I know it's on the S4. The question is why did HTC include it in the 4.2.2 when it will directly compete with Blinkfeed out of the box?
    I don't think HTC included it. I think it was installed by the user of the phone in the video. The app, once installed on a device running 4.2.2, takes advantage of the Daydream feature. If you search online or on YouTube for other HTC One's using 4.2.2, you'll see that "Colors" is the only Daydream option on those phones. I'm pretty convinced that all we're seeing here is a user-installed copy of Flipboard. If I go to the DayDream feature on my stock Nexus 10 device, I'll also see Flipboard as an option--simply because I have the Flipboard app installed, certainly not because Google included it as part of stock 4.2.2.

Banned

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

Perfect! I hated HTC's implementation of the capacitive buttons, this update addresses every beef I had. This phone has now just became one of my top 2 picks for 2013 along with the Moto X. Sorry Samsung, your and Apple's physical home buttons are too 2008 for me, and I don't have to enter the settings menu to disable animations on the HTC One for it to perform optimally.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Glad to see when i get my One i won't be stuck with that ugly menu button bar for long. Wooh! :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    7,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Solid update. Especially on the button mapping.

As an S4 owner. I would like to tell you guys that Sense 5 on 4.1.2/4.2.2 on your Ones is downright beautiful. I wish the S4 had a UI comparable to that so I didn't need to run AOSP.

I'm rooted and running Android Revolution HD, which just updated to version 10, which is based on the 4.2.2 build for the HTC One. It is amazing. I think the two best changes are the addition of quick settings and notifications now default to the expanded view. Home button mapping to eliminate the black bar is great for people who aren't rooted too (I've had a long press of my back button mapped to menu for a while). There are no lock screen widgets though, which is disappointing.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm running a ROM based on it, and it's not too bad. Of course there are bugs to be worked out, but that's the ROMs fault. It's nice to have the toggles in the notification area.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

SO excited for the option to use the home button as the menu button.
    madlaw1071 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Looks great, but I'm really curious if they are going to fix the annoying compression issue with the first picture you attach in an MMS. I absolutely HATE that.

Hmm, no lock screen widgets? I assume this means you can't use Dashclock widget either?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast