Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Number of charges before battery degredation

I am slightly worried about getting an HTC one due to the non removable battery. I wont ever swap a battery during the day but I like the fact that if my battery dies due to lots of charging that I can just purchase a new battery and insert it on the S4.

Does anyone know how many charges the HTC One can take before the battery starts to degrade - on an iphone its approx 1000 charges but I have no idea for the htc one.

Thanks

Nick

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Default Re: Number of charges before battery degredation

You'll have more than enough to get through a year as long as you dont plug it in all the time. Its more about how you charge it than how many times you charge it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I started a thread sorta like this. Here is a link to it. I no longer worry about the charging of my device. There is some really useful information in the thread as well.

HTC One Battery charge cycles

Also I kjnow friends who have had iPhones that charge their phones all the time and they swear its still just as good as when they got the phone. And thats after having it for 2 years.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by enik View Post
    You'll have more than enough to get through a year as long as you dont plug it in all the time. Its more about how you charge it than how many times you charge it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    This is counter to what I've read. It's exactly about how you charge it. I've posted the article twice in this forum so a quick search should find it but the tldr is that the deeper the discharge the more degradation is done. Frequent charging appears to be the best option. The website was called battery university or something. There is an article on lithium based batteries and their care.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    This is counter to what I've read. It's exactly about how you charge it. I've posted the article twice in this forum so a quick search should find it but the tldr is that the deeper the discharge the more degradation is done. Frequent charging appears to be the best option. The website was called battery university or something. There is an article on lithium based batteries and their care.
    It's linked in thread that I posted a moment ago.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    It's linked in thread that I posted a moment ago.
    I think we were posting at the same time but thank you for linking that.
    Thanked by:

I would think these batteries, with normal use and regular charging should get 2 years before you really start seeing charge not holding as long as it was in the beginning. For myself, not a big deal because I'll be on a new device waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy before that happens LOL.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

@nickthorley: Your battery should last the useful life of the phone without any problem, and certainly for the life of a two year contract! Don't worry. You will want to dump the One for something else "awesomer" before your battery dies.

As an added insurance for making the battery last as long as possible, HTC disabled the fast charge feature on the phone too. Some people have complained about the charge time of the phone, but this design is intended to extend the life of the battery for as long as possible.
    Thanked by: