Help! Need assistance with HTC One native email app

Springbok145

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Android having switched from IPhone 2 weeks ago, I am loving my HTC One by the way. Well my problem is I have an email account that I entered into the native email app then later deleted. I do not want it to appear on my phone. I have cleared the app data, deleted, reinstalled and removed the account and it still appears if I type the first letter of it in the add an email account option. How can I clear it completely from my phone? Thanks in advance from an Android newb.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Do NOT do a factory reset for this. Give me a second to look at some options and ill try to help you.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Springbok145

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Jennifer, I appreciate the help.

Thanks to you FT too, I won't be resetting it just yet though. It has taken me a while to get everything on there that I want and I don't want to have to start all over.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My first two recommendations is to go into your settings> apps> all. Now scroll through until you find gmail. Click clear data. Return to all apps, scroll down until you find HTC sense output. Click clear all data. This should clear any defaults or autofill options that it has, as well as any words that were saved to your personal dictionary.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, I see know that you say you have tried to clear gmail app data. Have you tried to clear HTC sense input data? From the description you are giving, it sounds like an autofill problem.

Springbok145

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I have tried that. It is a hotmail account that I have replaced with a gmail account. It appears on any email service if I type the first letter of the address. How would I clear the sense data?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
When you go to input another email account the address the the hotmail account autofills when typing the first letter, correct?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
And as for clearing sense input, scroll through your apps under settings until you reach it. Its icon will be a keyboard key with the letter a.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Give it a try and see if it fixes it, if not I will continue looking :)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the gmail application or the email client?
Sorry, stupid question. To have used a hotmail act you had to have been using the email client. Ignore me lol. Still looking.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have exhausted almost every option and have cleared out almost every app I can spare and cannot find a solution to this. The only help I can offer now, is to advise you to disable the mail client and use the gmail client if gmail is the only email client you are using.

Springbok145

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for your efforts!

Ok one more dumb question and I will get out of your hair, how do I disable the mail client? I tried uninstalling the app and it would not let me.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You aren't asking stupid questions :) to disable a stock app, you go to settings>apps> all apps, find mail. Under the icon their will be two options, the option to the right will either say uninstall updates, or disable. If there are updates, click uninstall updates. Once that is done, navigate back to the settings, find the app, and select disable. If you ever have any more question, don't hesitate to ask!

Springbok145

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I truly appreciate your help, thank you! I can't believe there isn't an easier way to completely remove that address, oh well such is technology. I am still loving this phone.

If anyone else out there has any other suggestions, I am all ears!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante