Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backup and restore app and app data from old phone to HTC ONE

This is my first post here so I hope I am following good practice with the placement of the post.

I was using a Motorola Atrix phone for a few years running Android 2.3.6. On this phone I was playing The Tribez for many months. I have moved up to an HTC ONE. Love the phone and very happy that I moved to it. The last thing I need is to find a way to move my Tribez app with the game data to my new HTC ONE. I have not had any success looking in the Play Store for a backup and restore utility that work on both devices and also move the app data with the app. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Backup and restore app and app data from old phone to HTC ONE

so you bought the game from somewhere besides the playstore? are you using the same google account on the new phone?

When I went from one phone to the next, I used MyBackup Pro. I was able to back everything up on one phone on an SD card then put that card into the new phone and the app restored everything for me. I haven't done this in a while so not sure if it still does that
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I did get The Tribez from the Play Store. When I load the game on the new Phone from the play store the data does not come with it. I am sure that this is because the Play Store does not have any knowledge of my local game data file.

the HTC ONE does not have a location for a SD card so I can't backup to a SD card.

You can dowload HTC Transfer Tool from the store. Unfortunately, it does not transfer apps. I used it to transfer pictures and music from my Atrix II.

However, there are several backup apps that will backup your APKs to Dropbox. That may be an option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by billmurray2 View Post
    I did get The Tribez from the Play Store. When I load the game on the new Phone from the play store the data does not come with it. I am sure that this is because the Play Store does not have any knowledge of my local game data file.

the HTC ONE does not have a location for a SD card so I can't backup to a SD card.
    Your data is probably on a folder in the Atrix or Sd card. If you can find that folder, you may be able to upload it to Box or Dropbox and install it in your phone's directory. Try one of the file managers to find it. Good luck
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks andriver, I do have a file manager app. I have looked for the data file for The Tribez but can't find it.

One last thought, you may want to email the developer and ask how to transfer your data. Here is his email from the play store. support@game-insight.com
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thanks again for the information.

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

You can use My Backup Pro, Titanium Backup Pro or Helium to backup and restore app data to a new device.

Helium allows you to do with without root access. However, you will need to use the Helium Desktop application alongside the mobile app for it to work properly. I use Titanium Backup Pro with my rooted devices and it works wonderfully.

I can recommend Helium. It's a bit annoying having to link it to the PC, installing drivers etc, but with the Pro version, once you've done it once, you don't need to use it again and can transfer directly from phone to phone. Having said that if you're only doing it for one app, you might as well save yourself a couple of quid and just use the PC. Put your backed up app onto there then move it to your One.

Helium is the way to go I've used it to transfer app data to new phones a few times and it works perfectly. The pro version allows you to back up you data to the cloud it's worth every penny. It does it all with out rooting your phone.

Posted via Android Central App
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks for all the advice, unfortunately Helium does not work on my old phone. Android version must be too old.

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I saw someone recommend Trubackup. I never used it, nor do I know if root is required, but it might be worth a look. There's a Pro version required for certain functions, not sure why it unlocks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I was finally able to transfer my Tribez and other data from my S3 to my S4. Both devices have to be rooted though. If you want info please reply to this thread.

hi,
    i have read u r post & would like to know how to transfer from my note2 to grand2