Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TimmyB
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to turn off the HTC One?

    Hello guys!!!

    Hope everything is fine with all of you.

    The thing is Im trying to turn off my brand new HTC one by long pressing the top button but nothing happens, just the restart thing appear.

    ????

    Thanks in advance,

    Wixo



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    When you long press the top/power button, you should be presented with four options...power off, restart, kids mode, and airplane mode. What options do you see?

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Nothing appear :s


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. #4  
    TimmyB's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Is there ANY chance you are holding down another button (volume?) while you are doing this? If not, then I would take it back immediately!

    Good luck.
    tim
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Is there ANY chance you are holding down another button (volume?) while you are doing this? If not, then I would take it back immediately!

    Good luck.
    Nop I just tried it, even without the case on.

    I live outside USA, I bought it online from HTC website. :s its difficult for me to send thing back to the USA I hate when this happens.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by wixo001 View Post
    Nop I just tried it, even without the case on.

    I live outside USA, I bought it online from HTC website. :s its difficult for me to send thing back to the USA I hate when this happens.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I mean case off


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    I agree with OP, it usually takes me several tries to shut he One off and I cannot do it unless the phone is unlocked first. It's a royal PIA.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Since the restart appears have you tried to restart it and then shut it down?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    I agree with OP, it usually takes me several tries to **** the One off and I cannot do it unless the phone is unlocked first. It's a royal PIA.
    Like madlaw said it has to be unlocked to shut it down.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    I know this Is prob in the wrong thread but just wanted to know if there was anyway to use a micro sim card in the 1st galaxy note

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    TimmyB's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by wixo001 View Post
    Nop I just tried it, even without the case on.

    I live outside USA, I bought it online from HTC website. :s its difficult for me to send thing back to the USA I hate when this happens.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You can do a forced restart by holding the power in for 10 seconds. Try that to make sure you can get that to happen. This will help determine if your power button is working as it should. (Just eliminating possibilities, here.)
    tim
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    TimmyB's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    Like madlaw said it has to be unlocked to shut it down.
    I responded before I saw Madlaw's post. Yes, that is by design, and I'll bet that is the problem, here. The phone is still locked, so it's not behaving the way it would if otherwise.
    tim
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Here is what I did,

    First of all I did try to turn it off before holding the power button for 10 seconds and didn't work.

    Then I reset the phone back to factory settings and guess what, it is working

    Thanks a lot everyone for your fast reply!

    Hope nothing happens now, sorry for my english is not good.

    Cheers,

    Luis


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  14. #14  
    TimmyB's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by wixo001 View Post
    Here is what I did,

    First of all I did try to turn it off before holding the power button for 10 seconds and didn't work.

    Then I reset the phone back to factory settings and guess what, it is working

    Thanks a lot everyone for your fast reply!

    Hope nothing happens now, sorry for my english is not good.

    Cheers,

    Luis


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yay! Glad you didn't have to return your phone.

    Don't worry about your English. It is far better than my Spanish, French, German, etc.!
    tim
    les7699 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Yay! Glad you didn't have to return your phone.

    Don't worry about your English. It is far better than my Spanish, French, German, etc.!
    Im happy now ... Thanks very kind Timmy.

    Cheers,

    Luis


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  16. #16  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Mine is the same, must be unlocked to power off. I did like that feature with the iPhone.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Just checked. You can turn off the phone from the lock screen. It just takes holding down the power button forever!
  18. #18  
    TimmyB's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    Just checked. You can turn off the phone from the lock screen. It just takes holding down the power button forever!
    According to HTC's website, it will restart after 10 seconds. I did try this today, and it said it would restart in 3...2...1, but I let go before it got all the way down, as I didn't really want to restart. If you keep holding it down, will it not restart, but just power off?
    tim
  19. #19  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    According to HTC's website, it will restart after 10 seconds. I did try this today, and it said it would restart in 3...2...1, but I let go before it got all the way down, as I didn't really want to restart. If you keep holding it down, will it not restart, but just power off?
    Mine powered off. I was confused as well but give it a try to see if I did something different to get a power off.
  20. #20  
    TimmyB's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    Mine powered off. I was confused as well but give it a try to see if I did something different to get a power off.
    OK, so I tried it and got two different results, based upon how long it was held down.

    The first time, I had the screen off. I then pressed and held the power button. Almost immediately, the screen came on, as expected. After three seconds, the home and back buttons began to flash on and off. After seven seconds, I got the message that said to keep holding the power button for 3 (then 2, then 1) second(s) to restart. After it got past that, I continued to hold the power button down. Then, the red LED turned on. When I let go after maybe five more seconds, she was completely shut down, WITHOUT restarting. I then powered it back on.

    After waiting for the phone to completely restart (widgets loaded, etc.), I repeated everything from above, but this time, released the power button immediately after the countdown. As advertised, the phone restarted itself almost immediately.

    Good to know that you can, indeed, force a power-off, if you needed to.
    tim
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    OK, so I tried it and got two different results, based upon how long it was held down.

    The first time, I had the screen off. I then pressed and held the power button. Almost immediately, the screen came on, as expected. After three seconds, the home and back buttons began to flash on and off. After seven seconds, I got the message that said to keep holding the power button for 3 (then 2, then 1) second(s) to restart. After it got past that, I continued to hold the power button down. Then, the red LED turned on. When I let go after maybe five more seconds, she was completely shut down, WITHOUT restarting. I then powered it back on.

    After waiting for the phone to completely restart (widgets loaded, etc.), I repeated everything from above, but this time, released the power button immediately after the countdown. As advertised, the phone restarted itself almost immediately.

    Good to know that you can, indeed, force a power-off, if you needed to.
    So I just held too long. Thanks for your testing as I would have probably tried again and held it the same amount of time never getting it to restart.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    Hey, i see no one has an answer which is funny...

    You said it keeps restarting after you hold it, thats because its locked.

    Unlock the phone then press the top button this will give it 4 options, 1 of which is to turn off
  23. #23  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    nevermind
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

    If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

    Note 3 AT&T
  24. #24  

    Default Re: How to turn off the HTC One?

    make sure you are not on the locked screen you have to be on your home screen to get the options to shut down restart or airplane mode

Similar Threads

  1. How to turn off the audio applications in notification bar
    By dharbit in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
  2. anyone know how to turn off the notification sound?
    By snowwy66 in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
  3. Anyone know how to turn off the 'data warning'?
    By Ken7 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 07:03 AM
  4. Dolphin HD Browser.How To Turn Off The Little Hand On The Screen?
    By the2ndflood in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM
  5. How to turn off the auto shutoff of Optimus Camera?
    By mdwright1032 in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

B