Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cafshari
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyway to skip song without going to Music app?

With music playing, I wish I could jump to the next song without having to go back into the music app and hit next. On my Blackberry I could hold the Volume Up button to skip. Anyone know?

Default Re: Anyway to skip song without going to Music app?

Quote Originally Posted by cafshari View Post
    With music playing, I wish I could jump to the next song without having to go back into the music app and hit next. On my Blackberry I could hold the Volume Up button to skip. Anyone know?
    You could use the music app widget. Also note that music controls should appear on the lock screen as well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Literally just realized I could swipe down from the top of the screen and hit the next button from there. Guess that works but the way I mentioned in my first post was better (on my blackberry) because I could do it while my phone was locked.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Agreed, I came from a blackberry and I loved that, the best thing you can do is to buy some headphones with an in-line remote, so you can pause, change the volume, or change the song.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

Bluetooth headphones also mostly have music controls on them.

Edit: just out of curiosity did holding the volume on the blackberry also turn the volume up? I mean, even if it wasn't designed to did it happen on accident sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by cafshari View Post
    Use a music player like poweramp as this functionality is built in.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    Bluetooth headphones also mostly have music controls on them.

Edit: just out of curiosity did holding the volume on the blackberry also turn the volume up? I mean, even if it wasn't designed to did it happen on accident sometimes?
    If u click the vol up button it would make it louder, if u held that button it would skip to next song.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Use a music player like poweramp as this functionality is built in.
    ur saying that when playing through this app, you can hold vol up button to skip song?

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I have the full version of poweramp and the volume keys do not control track skip on my nexus 4 or HTC one. If you have cyanogenmod installed on your phone though it works with all music players. Good function to have when driving. If anyone knows of an app that supports this I'd for sure be interested as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Poweramp will show on the lock screen with controls to skip. It's in settings under...LOCK SCREEN. Works on my One.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Go to settings/personalize/lock screen and select music lock screen and you will get music controls on your lock screen.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Go to settings/personalize/lock screen and select music lock screen and you will get music controls on your lock screen.
    You also get music controls on the wallpaper lock screen. But I suppose that's only when you are playing music. The other would probably allow you to start playback initially if that is important to the user.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks for the suggestions. Still wish I could skip with holding vol up button, but no big deal
    nickc71 likes this.

Hi, I know this is old post but if you still need help try "pocket skip track" on Google play. I had the same problem because i had cyanogenmod on my old phone. It was great fuction and this app working great as well You have to set maximum delay between two clicks to +-120 ms.