Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery pretty much stinks on first day

So yeah, after all the praise it seems as if im either just accustomed to a long day of battery with the GN2 or the HTC one battery is poor. My battery today with moderate use and the majority of the day on Wifi has been pretty poor. I'm sitting at 7hrs and 24mins and already down to 34%. Granted where I am located I am on 2g services this still isn't good as most here paint it to believe. I see folks talking about they get 20+ hours of B Life with "moderate-heavy" usage but I don't think thats right. Are there some Palm Pre guys that own the One now claiming astronomical battery life when in fact its very poor?

Default Re: Battery pretty much stinks on first day

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    So yeah, after all the praise it seems as if im either just accustomed to a long day of battery with the GN2 or the HTC one battery is poor. My battery today with moderate use and the majority of the day on Wifi has been pretty poor. I'm sitting at 7hrs and 24mins and already down to 34%. Granted where I am located I am on 2g services this still isn't good as most here paint it to believe. I see folks talking about they get 20+ hours of B Life with "moderate-heavy" usage but I don't think thats right. Are there some Palm Pre guys that own the One now claiming astronomical battery life when in fact its very poor?
    Well from my experience this phone does pretty well with battery life in 4G LTE coverage. From my Nexus 4, which wasn't that good for battery life, this is a very big improvement. Easily get through a full day with my HTC One and put it on the charger before bed with around 30% and 15 to 18 hours with moderate usage.

Sent from my HTC One

Where are you that you have 2g ans you do do know that having a bad signal can affect battery life really bad.

Posted via Android Central App
    truthteller10 likes this.

ive only had mine not even a full day but when I turned it on for the 1st time it was at probably 70%. that was at 3:30 PST. I used it pretty heavily, installing/trying apps and I had to plug it in at about 10:30 in the evening. I'll get a better sample tomorrow but it seems ok so far for me.

So yeah, after all the praise it seems as if im either just accustomed to a long day of battery Iith the GN2 or the HTC one battery is poor. My battery today with moderate use and the majority of the day on Wifi has been pretty poor. I'm sitting at 7hrs and 24mins and already down to 34%. Granted where I am located I am on 2g services this still isn't good as most here paint it to believe. I see folks talking about they get 20+ hours of B Life with "moderate-heavy" usage but I don't think thats right. Are there some Palm Pre guys that own the One now claiming astronomical battery life when in fact its very poor?
    I noticed that when I first got my phONE that I also didn't get good battery life, but after a couple weeks of charge cycles i started getting much longer usage times between charges.

I honestly think my battery life has gotten better over the first couple months. Maybe I'm just getting more used to it or have made adjustments to better manage the battery, but I seem to get longer out of it than I did early on.

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

You're expecting it to be great on the first day, with you constantly using it?
    mcpricex likes this.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHILLYWILL_95831 View Post
    I noticed that when I first got my phONE that I also didn't get good battery life, but after a couple weeks of charge cycles i started getting much longer usage times between charges.
    This! Between the batter getting several full charge cycles in, combined with the fact that on the first day you're probably using it WAY more than usual (gotta check out all those features, right?!), it'll get better. I was disappointed my first day as well, but it's improved quite a bit, both getting regular use and lasting through the full day.

If you have only just got the phone then you can't have charged it, so what do you expect? From the factory they only ever have minimal charge and like others have said, it takes a few cycles for the battery to settle down. Mine was not great for the first week but then it got steadily better.

The thing is, you gotta look at screen on time. "moderate usage" doesn't mean jack in terms of something that can be compared from user to user. The One is capable of over 7 hours screen on time. That stands up pretty well to the Note II methinks.

Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

It's better than my S3 ever was, and the S3 was pretty good. That makes me happy.

I get 20 hours with moderate use and with Bluetooth on all day.

I've had mine since launch.

Used it from 7am yesterday and forgot to charge it. Was at 35% this morning. 4 email accounts and occasional browsing.

Lat heavy usage it was good from 8am full 7pm and still had 15% left.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    HTC One - ATT 64GB

It just takes a few charge cycles to achieve its full potential. Don't worry Truthteller.....your batter WILL get better.

I dont really know about you guys but the battery life is poor. With power saving mode on and 10% brightness, no bluetooth wifi or gps, my battery drop 1% every 4 minutes browsing web.
    Thats comparing to my old ip 4s which the battery capacity is only 1100 maH. It takes 6 minutes to drop 1%.
    Btw this is my second htc one. I switched the first one with same problem but no help

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    I honestly think my battery life has gotten better over the first couple months. Maybe I'm just getting more used to it or have made adjustments to better manage the battery, but I seem to get longer out of it than I did early on.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaycryvlp View Post
    I dont really know about you guys but the battery life is poor. With power saving mode on and 10% brightness, no bluetooth wifi or gps, my battery drop 1% every 4 minutes browsing web.
    Thats comparing to my old ip 4s which the battery capacity is only 1100 maH. It takes 6 minutes to drop 1%.
    Btw this is my second htc one. I switched the first one with same problem but no help

You either have a bad app or unit. I drop as little as 1% an hour on power save mode. I couldn't believe it.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by coronaboy10 View Post
    You're expecting it to be great on the first day, with you constantly using it?
    I have a second phone so im not constantly using it.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    The thing is, you gotta look at screen on time. "moderate usage" doesn't mean jack in terms of something that can be compared from user to user. The One is capable of over 7 hours screen on time. That stands up pretty well to the Note II methinks.

Yes you are correct.."screen time" is the tell all when it comes to battery.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

i have to have power save mode on all times now since i was losing battery pretty quick albeit coming from a former iphone user though.

I've asked this before but I haven't gotten a good reply yet. How are people getting 5-7 hours of screen on time? I certainly make it thru the day, and I'm not complaining about the battery. I'm more than pleased. But I am curious how to maximize. Here are my settings:I've got 3 Gmail accounts syncing, 1 yahoo that checks every 4 hours, bluetooth on, wifi off when I'm not home, auto brightness, no Facebook refresh, no twitter. Turned off the location in maps.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery pretty much stinks on first day-uploadfromtaptalk1370660870949.jpg  
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by henryfool3 View Post
    I've asked this before but I haven't gotten a good reply yet. How are people getting 5-7 hours of screen on time? I certainly make it thru the day, and I'm not complaining about the battery. I'm more than pleased. But I am curious how to maximize. Here are my settings:I've got 3 Gmail accounts syncing, 1 yahoo that checks every 4 hours, bluetooth on, wifi off when I'm not home, auto brightness, no Facebook refresh, no twitter. Turned off the location in maps.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

You will find folks to fabricate slightly about their phones

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Gathomblipoob and Gator352 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaycryvlp View Post

Now, did you happen to consider the screen size and processing power difference between the One and the ip 4s? The One's screen is much bigger, more pixels, and using a higher density than the iphone. The One is also a quad core, more ram, and faster graphics chip. So only a 2 minute difference to drop 1% isn't bad. Sure it can add up....but the iphone only does one thing at a time...android and the One does many.

Quote Originally Posted by henryfool3 View Post

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Kill the auto brightness and slap that puppy at 40% or less. This will greatly improve battery life when the screen is on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast