Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By semp1
  • 3 Post By 107katana
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

It's really annoying that I can not zoom all the way in. And why does it not let you crop to resize things to fit the els crew if the files small. From what I can see no other phone limits this or restricts like the htc one

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Why does the htc one limit how much you can zoom on a pic sent through text

mms is the wrong way to send a photo if you want to be picky. i do not mean picky in a bad way. were are talking about photography. send it by email. the one has a fine camera.

the carriers use compression in mms and that makes photos crummy.

Default Re: Why does the htc one limit how much you can zoom on a pic sent through text

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    It's really annoying that I can not zoom all the way in. And why does it not let you crop to resize things to fit the els crew if the files small. From what I can see no other phone limits this or restricts like the htc one

The limitation on zooming in on any image is annoying at best. I can't imagine why I can't zoom on an image I have saved to my device.

The limit on cropping is that it's only a 4mp camera and cropping is going to produce images that aren't usable. I used to occasionally take pictures of license plates or bumper stickers by taking a pic of the back of a car I was behind and then cropping out what I didn't need. This worked fine on my iPhone 4S, yet it's impossible on the One.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    The limitation on zooming in on any image is annoying at best. I can't imagine why I can't zoom on an image I have saved to my device.

The limit on cropping is that it's only a 4mp camera and cropping is going to produce images that aren't usable. I used to occasionally take pictures of license plates or bumper stickers by taking a pic of the back of a car I was behind and then cropping out what I didn't need. This worked fine on my iPhone 4S, yet it's impossible on the One.
    The camera only has to do with my pics that I've taken. I'm talking about pica sent to me. I don't understand what's up with htc. No other phone has these limitations it seems htc has very limiting software when it comes to image.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by friedtators View Post
    mms is the wrong way to send a photo if you want to be picky. i do not mean picky in a bad way. were are talking about photography. send it by email. the one has a fine camera.

the carriers use compression in mms and that makes photos crummy.
    The pic being through mms has nothing to do with it. Every other phone can zoom in on sent images. Including but not limited to the nexus 4. GS4 and iPhone. It's a shame htc feels the need to limit their phones.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Gathomblipoob likes this.

I just worked out how to zoom in

go to SETTINGS > ACCESSABILITY > TURN ON MAGNIFICATION GESTURES

then when you want to zoom in on something, triple tap the screen.
    Thanked by:
    freddyttt, Topgonzo and April920 like this.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

What version are you using? I don't have this option with 4.1.2

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    The pic being through mms has nothing to do with it. Every other phone can zoom in on sent images. Including but not limited to the nexus 4. GS4 and iPhone. It's a shame htc feels the need to limit their phones.

I hate having to save the picture to my camera roll and then accessing it from there to zoom. What a load of crap. And people suggesting that we use email are missing the point. Why can't the One do what many other phones are apparently able to do?

Quote Originally Posted by 107katana View Post
    I just worked out how to zoom in

go to SETTINGS > ACCESSABILITY > TURN ON MAGNIFICATION GESTURES

then when you want to zoom in on something, triple tap the screen.
    Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Gathomblipoob View Post
    I hate having to save the picture to my camera roll and then accessing it from there to zoom. What a load of crap. And people suggesting that we use email are missing the point. Why can't the One do what many other phones are apparently able to do?
    You also might try another SMS app, such as Textra. I can zoom on any picture sent to me from within Textra w/o having to save it first and go to the Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by justafew View Post
    You also might try another SMS app, such as Textra. I can zoom on any picture sent to me from within Textra w/o having to save it first and go to the Gallery.
    Maybe, but I tend to judge a phone by what it can for me in its stock form with its stock apps.

The solution is easy. Delete the defaults for Gallery, then select Google Photos as the program to open attached photos. Full zoom is yours. Mwaaahaaahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Curvos View Post
    The solution is easy. Delete the defaults for Gallery, then select Google Photos as the program to open attached photos. Full zoom is yours. Mwaaahaaahaaa
    - - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how to zoom sent pics on htc one m8 ? Please help