Why are video sizes so large??

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
you have choices.
upload to youtube and mark as private and send a link to the video so it can be viewed.
send by gmail it will use drive to deliver the video because it think its over 25megs. its painless and works well. they can download it. works up to 10gigs

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
What's annoying is that the One won't compress the video so that it could be emailed. The same issue exists with sending images via mms, it will just fail to send rather than compressing the image on the fly as it should.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
you have choices.
upload to youtube and mark as private and send a link to the video so it can be viewed.
send by gmail it will use drive to deliver the video because it think its over 25megs. its painless and works well. they can download it. works up to 10gigs

The gmail option didn't work. It's so inconvenient that u can't just send a friggen ten second video and have them play it.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You can drop the resolution in the settings down to a friendlier MMS setting if you want
True, but then all the pics taken are at a crappy resolution. The reasonable way for it to work is that I can take pics at the highest resolution and the device compresses them if necessary for the sharing method I've chosen.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
For general pictures I use what's app, hangouts or whatever. If I want to send a hd video I use drop box. I have shared folders with friends. So I drop the file there and they get it when they feel like it or are near wifi

Posted via Android Central App

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
What is the preferred option among forum members for sharing video?

As stated before, youtube and Dropbox work great, plus you can share the video with multiple people as well without uploading every time. Double plus you don't end up sending a macro blocked video that's pretty much not worth sending. Pictures on the other hand... That's more a problem with mms rather than the phones. But once again there's options that are likely better for quality reasons. Hangouts comes to mind.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
YouTube it is then. Still though, my friends send videos in grouptexts that I can play within the conversation and I'm jealous.

mozezman

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry to say these are not good options. We need to be able to add compression or increase mms size. How do we achieve this. Different ROMS? And if so which one? I didn't want to leave as we 5 but this might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Where's the water?.....

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry to say these are not good options. We need to be able to add compression or increase mms size. How do we achieve this. Different ROMS? And if so which one? I didn't want to leave as we 5 but this might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Where's the water?.....

What? You need to increase mms size? The protocol only allows for 5mb transfers so you will not get beyond that. Most networks limit to 1mb so that's a bigger bottleneck. Why are they not good options? You'll need to explain why Dropbox and youtube will not work for you before we can continue here.

Last edited: