Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By adriandb
  • 2 Post By wormdood
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why are video sizes so large??

I took a 10 second video and it is 26 MB! I can't even email a 10 second video!

Default Re: Why are video sizes so large??

you have choices.
    upload to youtube and mark as private and send a link to the video so it can be viewed.
    send by gmail it will use drive to deliver the video because it think its over 25megs. its painless and works well. they can download it. works up to 10gigs

Quote Originally Posted by cafshari View Post
    I took a 10 second video and it is 26 MB! I can't even email a 10 second video!
    The higher the quality the phones can record the bigger the file size.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

What's annoying is that the One won't compress the video so that it could be emailed. The same issue exists with sending images via mms, it will just fail to send rather than compressing the image on the fly as it should.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Gathomblipoob likes this.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

You can drop the resolution in the settings down to a friendlier MMS setting if you want
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by friedtators View Post
    you have choices.
    upload to youtube and mark as private and send a link to the video so it can be viewed.
    send by gmail it will use drive to deliver the video because it think its over 25megs. its painless and works well. they can download it. works up to 10gigs
    The gmail option didn't work. It's so inconvenient that u can't just send a friggen ten second video and have them play it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

What is the preferred option among forum members for sharing video?

Youtube or Dropbox and send the link is my preferred

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Topgonzo and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    You can drop the resolution in the settings down to a friendlier MMS setting if you want
    True, but then all the pics taken are at a crappy resolution. The reasonable way for it to work is that I can take pics at the highest resolution and the device compresses them if necessary for the sharing method I've chosen.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Are u guys with Verizon and other networks besides at&t having these extreme limits as well?

Sprint does it. That's why I use Handcent to send pictures.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

For general pictures I use what's app, hangouts or whatever. If I want to send a hd video I use drop box. I have shared folders with friends. So I drop the file there and they get it when they feel like it or are near wifi

Posted via Android Central App
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by McSkullough View Post
    Sprint does it. That's why I use Handcent to send pictures.

What about for videos?

What is the preferred option among forum members for sharing video?
    As stated before, youtube and Dropbox work great, plus you can share the video with multiple people as well without uploading every time. Double plus you don't end up sending a macro blocked video that's pretty much not worth sending. Pictures on the other hand... That's more a problem with mms rather than the phones. But once again there's options that are likely better for quality reasons. Hangouts comes to mind.

What about for videos?
    Haven't tried videos. I rarely take any.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

YouTube it is then. Still though, my friends send videos in grouptexts that I can play within the conversation and I'm jealous.

I am sorry to say these are not good options. We need to be able to add compression or increase mms size. How do we achieve this. Different ROMS? And if so which one? I didn't want to leave as we 5 but this might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Where's the water?.....

Quote Originally Posted by mozezman View Post
    I am sorry to say these are not good options. We need to be able to add compression or increase mms size. How do we achieve this. Different ROMS? And if so which one? I didn't want to leave as we 5 but this might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Where's the water?.....
    What? You need to increase mms size? The protocol only allows for 5mb transfers so you will not get beyond that. Most networks limit to 1mb so that's a bigger bottleneck. Why are they not good options? You'll need to explain why Dropbox and youtube will not work for you before we can continue here.
    Last edited by mrbootcrm; 06-11-2013 at 09:07 AM.