- 22 Posts
t-mobile smartphone hotspot
I got a $20 unlimited 4g data plan which includes a free 500mb of smartphone mobike hotspot. I've been using the hotspot for quite a while now with my iPad. Now my problem is it seems that in my t-mobile account, it doesn't update how much MB i've used. It got stuck at around 292MB for about 5 days now which i'm pretty sure, 292mb is incorrect.
P.S. when all of the 500mb mobile hotspot is used up, will I be charged for the excess? Or does the service automatically stop?
Posted via Android Central App
- 06-09-2013, 12:14 PM #2
- 06-09-2013, 01:41 PM #3
- 06-09-2013, 02:38 PM #4
- 4 Posts
Re: t-mobile smartphone hotspot
jgreeson25 is correct: your data will be throttled beyond 500 MB, but there aren't any overage charges for exceeding your allotment.
Regarding being stuck at 292 MB, you might try restarting your phone or just putting it in airplane mode for a couple of minutes. T-Mobile seems to post data usage by "session," so it's possible that the data usage hasn't posted because you've been on one session the whole time. Regardless, you aren't going to get charged for overages, and your internet isn't going to get cut off completely.
- By Engadget26 in forum US Cellular Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2013, 12:09 PM
- By jayman123123 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 04-19-2013, 01:02 AM
- By techjohnny in forum T-MobileReplies: 3Last Post: 03-27-2013, 04:27 PM
- By ethan in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-17-2010, 05:05 PM
- By Jim1348 in forum Misc. Android Phone ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM