Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default t-mobile smartphone hotspot

I got a $20 unlimited 4g data plan which includes a free 500mb of smartphone mobike hotspot. I've been using the hotspot for quite a while now with my iPad. Now my problem is it seems that in my t-mobile account, it doesn't update how much MB i've used. It got stuck at around 292MB for about 5 days now which i'm pretty sure, 292mb is incorrect.

P.S. when all of the 500mb mobile hotspot is used up, will I be charged for the excess? Or does the service automatically stop?

Help pls!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: t-mobile smartphone hotspot

you know never assume. it says you will be throttled after the 500

The way I understand it is that after you exceed 500 mb you are throttled to edge speeds. Before upgrading to to the unlimited plan, this was the case for my prior 2 gb plan.

jgreeson25 is correct: your data will be throttled beyond 500 MB, but there aren't any overage charges for exceeding your allotment.

Regarding being stuck at 292 MB, you might try restarting your phone or just putting it in airplane mode for a couple of minutes. T-Mobile seems to post data usage by "session," so it's possible that the data usage hasn't posted because you've been on one session the whole time. Regardless, you aren't going to get charged for overages, and your internet isn't going to get cut off completely.