Setting Stock e-mail to Always Display Images

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
As you know with gmail when you receive an email from someone you only have to click "Display Images" once and your phone will automatically download future images contained in emails from the same sender provided the address is exactly the same. However, I use the stock Sense email app and I'm noticing I have to select "Display Images" for every email received even if it is from the same address as a previous email I chose to "Display Images."

Is there a setting I am missing for this on the stock email app because it's getting a little annoying having to choose "Display Images" every time I receive an email from the same sender. I'm sure it's something very simple that's gonna be a "duh" moment on my part.

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
A setting like this could be useful, but the default behavior is there for saving mobile data. It's the same on many clients and platforms.

HTC should have that option, though.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Why does the new Gmail app not allow you to delete a message with one tap while you are reading the email.? Instead I have to go into the menu then click delete. It's a pain in the azz

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Why does the new Gmail app not allow you to delete a message with one tap while you are reading the email.? Instead I have to go into the menu then click delete. It's a pain in the azz

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Under Settings, you can choose Delete and/or Archive, so that the icon(s) will appear at the top of the message.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It is not done to "save the data" - there's a setting to download the complete message regardless of the size of the attached data. The images won't show for "safety" reason. Pretty stupid to not give people a choice of "always display" them, but it is how it works now... Maybe later HTC will change this behavior.

You are right, I forgot about security reasons. They can save data unless you could choose to download complete messages. A setting like the one in Gmail could be useful, choose always display images for each sender so it can remember.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7