Music Skipping with headphones

kane2299

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Less than a month ago I switched from an iPhone5 to an HTC one. I love my new phone however I have one small issue. When I'm using the stock music player and playing back music, through the stock headphones that came with the phone, after about 3-4 songs, the music just starts skipping to the next track, and doesn't stop skipping. I try and hit pause and then go back and try to start up the playback again and it just keeps skipping. Only when I reboot the phone and close all the apps will the problem stop. I've search other forums for help with this issue and all I've come across is the a similar problem with the HTC One X, not the One. I've tried putting the phone in airplane mode, installed an app called DisableAutoPlay and neither has helped. Other than this the phone has been great but I use my phone to play music with and use the headphones quite frequently and was hoping someone might be able to help with this issue. I'm also wondering if this is a manufacturer defect and if there isn't a fix should I try and have the phone replaced with a brand new one. Any help or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah my wife device I think had a similar issue with her music skipping as well. I will have to ask and see if she is still having the issue I think what I did was removed the music I had added to the music folder on the device and recopied the music back to the folder. I think this addressed her issue with the skipping so I will have to check with her to see but you might try that and see if that address the issue. I think for some reason it does not see the music files correctly due to I have copied music to the device but sometimes it does not show up so you have to recopy it for it to show up properly. This does not happen very often but my guess is its more of a OS issue with the device for the most part it see the music once you copy it over.:)

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Well just a update I thought I had this issues resolved but it seems that my wife device is doing this again that it sometimes skips through her music while she has headphones in. I have not noticed this yet on my device but seems like there something that causing the issue. Has anyone else experience this yet??

Jonnorob

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I just bought an htc one a couple weeks ago and have the same problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.
After playing a couple songs the player starts skipping rapidly through songs. Sometimes it doesn't happen but it always happens when I go for a run. Very frustrating since music is a key part of my run.
After it starts I try taking out my headphones but see that it's still rapidly scrolling through my songs.
I am using the stock headphones. I tried the app wizdroid but that didn't solve it.

I did seem to notice that it responds to using the Internet browser - when I create a new tab or load a new page it goes to the next song, eventually scrolling through faster and faster.

Help please!! :(

bludevil007

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have the same exact issue, and this is actually the SECOND HTC One i've had that does this. I had to return the first one, then thought the problem was gone with the second one, and it just started doing this again. It's clearly an issue with the headphone/jack. Maybe there's a short in the headphone jack or it thinks the headset is commanding it to switch tracks? I downloaded WizDroid, which is supposed to shut off headset feedback, but it isnt working. I havent tested with normal (non-headset) headphones. Anyone figure out how to fix this???

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My one does this too, especially when I go for runs! It sucks very annoying! It even does it when I am streaming Pandora.

risdj

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I also have the same problem with my 2 week old htc one. I've notice it earlier when i'm at the gym. It plays 4-5 songs perfectly then instantly it started to fast forward the song being played then after a sec it skip tracks continously. I also tried the wizdroid app, but same here no success.... Then, when i got home to inspect my htc one, while reading solutions and answers to this kind of problem I plugged my old earphone same as the stock htc one earphone that came into the box, with a mic, a button for skipping songs and answering calls, no volume buttons... the brand of my earphone is Urban Ears which gave a promising result I've finished a whole album, without any skipping. Now, I don't know if the stock earphone got the issue or the phone itself or might be the earphone jack...

The skipping also happend to me on stock FM Radio App, while listening to radio, it suddenly changes station, i though its just normal... Since, i assumed maybe i got a poor signal so my device will automatically find a better signal and a better station, but the problem is it won't stop scanning its just looping... Scanning every fm stations and won't stop at any...

By the way this problem occurs when i'm using the stock htc earphones. Hope we can solve this issue.

John Lawson

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
sounds like what happened to me when I put htc one in my shirt pocket, caused by inadvertently pressing application buttons. Result skipping audio tracks, changing radio station etc.
Cure - press power button to turn screen off.

Rob Anderson5

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I get the same problem on my motorbike... stock headphones... once I get above... *cough* 65... the tracks skip forward. I'm trying with my own headphones into work today... see what happens..

nautx99

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Rob Anderson5, any luck with separate headphones? I've had this problem several times now but haven't tried out different headphones as of yet.

mbirkett4

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have had this problem! It will play for about 30 seconds and then start skipping tracks, i can't press pause, when I leave the app and the return to it it is still skipping tracks unless I shut the app down altogether, I run with my music on and it has only started happening since then, I though it may have been the head phones as they have started to crackle when I plug them in but even when there not in the phone carries on skipping! I'm not sure if running/training with my headphones in causing this problem?

DonKwanDo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problems with my HTC One when I go for a run. That is the only time I listen to music with my phone, so I don't know about other scenarios.

I got this phone ~ 2 weeks ago. Have been using the stock headphones, which sound good, but from reading different forums about this skipping problem, a lot of people seem to be attributing this problem to the headphones themselves. Doesn't seem concrete though, with many saying they've reproduced it with other headphones.

As others have described, it will simply skip tracks. Sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes half-way through the song. No particular pattern that I can see.

Many discuss this related to occurring when running/jogging, but that's clearly not 100% of the cases either.

I just hope this thread continues until we get some sort of answer about this. It's definitely frustrating for a super-phone, that is so focused on music etc. (boomsound) has issues with playing music consistently.

Jonnorob

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok I switched to cheap $10 earphones with no controls. Ran a couple times so far and no skippin. At the end of the latest run it wouldn't respond to commands, like next song or stop. It seemed to respond after a long delay of about 30 seconds though. In fact the phone was slow to act on any of my commands for all apps. I had stopwatch, map my run, music and browser in the background. At least the music kept playing.

Melissa Morecock

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue as well. Happens on Slacked radio and Google Play Music. Also seems to happen on the This American Life app, as the track will suddenly get reset to the beginning, or switch to the beginning of a show I was listening to previously. This only seems to happen when streaming audio - all three apps have a limited option for playing locally saved audio, and I've never noticed problems with that.

kbnet56

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
My galaxy note 3 skips like a scratched record playing YouTube videos or videos with music from break..maybe it's an android issue and not specific to any one device

D_Beds

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have same problem with my HTC One but only when I used the earphones that came with the iPhone 5c forced on me by my work. My usual JVC Gumy ones are fine. I wonder if it's to do with the buttons on the earphones, as my JVC ones don't have any. I'm gonna try installing the trial remote headset controller from the Play store and see if it works

PippaCawthorn

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem as everyone else. I tried a different music player and same problem.
Using headphones or not it skips through uncontrollably!!

I thought it was 'Beats Audio' turning that off doesn't help. SO FRUSTRATING.

HELP - I don't want an iPhone!!! and am trying to avoid calling Vodafone lol