Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting Frustrated with HTC One & Sprint

Im on my second Phone, first one had trouble with the voice connection.... had that replaced and this one is having data problems... prl wont update, profile will update after 6 or 7 tries... Sprint store blames the network... when i call sprint they say the towers are operating at 100% and they blame the device... Ive gone back and forth to 3 stores and every one points the finger at the towers/and the other to the device... I love this phone, and need a decent data connection for my job... hopefully they will get it worked out tomorrow when I take it in.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Getting Frustrated with HTC One & Sprint

Maybe it's time for a new carrier. :-)

Sent from my HTC One
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

If you have replaced the device twice and same problems I would bet something is wrong with the network and not the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
    561jit 

Sprints good for the run around with its customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    netcub, OJsakila and cgardnervt like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My Evo 4G LTE works perfectly, side by side with the One...

what PRL are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by netcub View Post
    My Evo 4G LTE works perfectly, side by side with the One...
    If your Evo works and your One doesn't then it's clearly the device and not the network. Have them swap it out.

Updating your PRL isn't going to help the data connection at all.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I agree DarthMO. The Sprint Store keeps saying that even if they are side by side, they use different towers and connections. Mcantu, I just learned that the PRL updates are tied to Voice and messaging, while updating the profile can have an effect on the data. Im taking it in this morning to have the techs look at it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Techs will not be able to fix it in store. I recommend you exchange the phone without hesitation, if they don't want to tell them you'll cancel the account!

They're probably giving you the runaround so they won't have to deal with the paperwork.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

They want to charge me $50 for a replacement because I don't have Sprint total equipment replacement...

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

How long have you had that phone?
    Anyway, it's not your fault the phone has issues.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    digitallove likes this.

They want to charge me $50 for a replacement because I don't have Sprint total equipment replacement...
    ask that it be a warranty replacement

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheyStoleMyName View Post
    Sprints good for the run around with its customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    All carriers do the same thing. I see it all the time

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    ask that it be a warranty replacement
    Warranty replacements go through the manufacturer or in this case HTC. To do it in the store without insurance it will be $50. Sprint isn't the manufacturer so it's not up to them to honor the manufacturer warranty.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Got the typical run around... "All phones do different things differently.... " Yes Some work and some don't... He offered to replace the phone for a $50 charge... Tech support wouldn't even look at it... he said all they could do is do a hard reset which Ive already done.... I called amazon wireless and they are replacing the phone for the second time, no questions asked... I did turn on CDMA only and have a much better connection. Makes me wonder if theres a porblem with the 4G antenna. Hopefully the replacement will work better... Its on backorder till the end of June.

Also, with problems like this, just call sprint and have them re-provision your phone It only takes a couple minutes. Sometimes at setup, your phone pings off a tower that might be getting a certain upgrade and is sending out wonky signals. At this point, your phone is set with those wonky signals and doesn't work like it should. Every time I have had this issue, provisioning has fixed my issue.

Been a Sprint customer for 12 years (and no, I don't live anywhere near LTE) and I have had good phone service and have had decent customer service. I'm sure others will disagree but that's been my situation.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Im on my second Phone, first one had trouble with the voice connection.... had that replaced and this one is having data problems... prl wont update, profile will update after 6 or 7 tries... Sprint store blames the network... when i call sprint they say the towers are operating at 100% and they blame the device... Ive gone back and forth to 3 stores and every one points the finger at the towers/and the other to the device... I love this phone, and need a decent data connection for my job... hopefully they will get it worked out tomorrow when I take it in.

It's sprint their data network is horrible. I had sprint and had similar issues. Now with at&t it's night and day.

Posted via Android Central App
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Ill try the re-provisioning! Im up for anything at this point.

Ive not had these problems with any other device.

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Normally I get good customer service and tech service with Sprint, yea I've had a few csr a-holes before but my problems would be taken care of by someone else.

Global Posts
    5,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

This is pretty close to deal breaker service. Are they the only decent carrier in your area? Having problems is one thing, but it should never be turned around on you to take responsibility for them sucking.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    This is pretty close to deal breaker service. Are they the only decent carrier in your area? Having problems is one thing, but it should never be turned around on you to take responsibility for them sucking.
    I agree. But Verizon and AT&T at times are no better. I remember when my dad was with AT&T and him battling it out over him dropping calls left and right and them telling him to "stay in a coverage area...have a good day!" I put him on my plan with Sprint the very next day and he is happy.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Went to the sprint store today and The girl asked which kind of phone I had... I told her and then she asked if I had tried to take the battery out yet...
    Then...
    Wait for it....
    CSR @ sprint today asked me if I could take the battery out for the first step of troubleshooting...

True Story.

Went to the sprint store today and The girl asked which kind of phone I had... I told her and then she asked if I had tried to take the battery out yet...
    Then...
    Wait for it....
    CSR @ sprint today asked me if I could take the battery out for the first step of troubleshooting...

True Story.
    Awesome, just awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Then...
    Wait for it....

True Story.
    I don't hold this against the reps.. Most have a tool that they are walking you through trouble shooting steps to try and resolve your issues.. There are Alot of different phones out there and they are human.. I just told the rep on the phone a few days ago that my phone doesn't have a removable battery and she said Ok and we moved on with the trouble shooting.. I can handle that Better than wrong information like move apps to Sd card which is just ignorance

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Gator352 and Darth Spock like this.

Ah Sprint how I remember those days. Back in the late 90s, if you got your voicemail within 3 days, it was a blessing.
    Gator352 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast