Getting Frustrated with HTC One & Sprint

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Im on my second Phone, first one had trouble with the voice connection.... had that replaced and this one is having data problems... prl wont update, profile will update after 6 or 7 tries... Sprint store blames the network... when i call sprint they say the towers are operating at 100% and they blame the device... Ive gone back and forth to 3 stores and every one points the finger at the towers/and the other to the device... I love this phone, and need a decent data connection for my job... hopefully they will get it worked out tomorrow when I take it in.

:(

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
If you have replaced the device twice and same problems I would bet something is wrong with the network and not the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My Evo 4G LTE works perfectly, side by side with the One...

If your Evo works and your One doesn't then it's clearly the device and not the network. Have them swap it out.

Updating your PRL isn't going to help the data connection at all.

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree DarthMO. The Sprint Store keeps saying that even if they are side by side, they use different towers and connections. Mcantu, I just learned that the PRL updates are tied to Voice and messaging, while updating the profile can have an effect on the data. Im taking it in this morning to have the techs look at it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Techs will not be able to fix it in store. I recommend you exchange the phone without hesitation, if they don't want to tell them you'll cancel the account!

They're probably giving you the runaround so they won't have to deal with the paperwork.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had that phone?
Anyway, it's not your fault the phone has issues.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
ask that it be a warranty replacement

Warranty replacements go through the manufacturer or in this case HTC. To do it in the store without insurance it will be $50. Sprint isn't the manufacturer so it's not up to them to honor the manufacturer warranty.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Got the typical run around... "All phones do different things differently.... " Yes Some work and some don't... He offered to replace the phone for a $50 charge... Tech support wouldn't even look at it... he said all they could do is do a hard reset which Ive already done.... I called amazon wireless and they are replacing the phone for the second time, no questions asked... I did turn on CDMA only and have a much better connection. Makes me wonder if theres a porblem with the 4G antenna. Hopefully the replacement will work better... Its on backorder till the end of June.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Also, with problems like this, just call sprint and have them re-provision your phone It only takes a couple minutes. Sometimes at setup, your phone pings off a tower that might be getting a certain upgrade and is sending out wonky signals. At this point, your phone is set with those wonky signals and doesn't work like it should. Every time I have had this issue, provisioning has fixed my issue.

Been a Sprint customer for 12 years (and no, I don't live anywhere near LTE) and I have had good phone service and have had decent customer service. I'm sure others will disagree but that's been my situation.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Im on my second Phone, first one had trouble with the voice connection.... had that replaced and this one is having data problems... prl wont update, profile will update after 6 or 7 tries... Sprint store blames the network... when i call sprint they say the towers are operating at 100% and they blame the device... Ive gone back and forth to 3 stores and every one points the finger at the towers/and the other to the device... I love this phone, and need a decent data connection for my job... hopefully they will get it worked out tomorrow when I take it in.

:(

It's sprint their data network is horrible. I had sprint and had similar issues. Now with at&t it's night and day.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Normally I get good customer service and tech service with Sprint, yea I've had a few csr a-holes before but my problems would be taken care of by someone else.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty close to deal breaker service. Are they the only decent carrier in your area? Having problems is one thing, but it should never be turned around on you to take responsibility for them sucking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781