HTC Repair

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've got this one spot on the far left of my screen that I can't figure out if it's a stuck pixel or something else. It's appears white and most noticeable on white or grey screens. Gone on black screens. I've tried the pixel fixers to no avail. I thought maybe it wasn't a pixel b/c at different angles, it disappears... read somewhere it's a screen defect... like the glue coming apart from the screen... but it seems too contained for something like that.

I contacted HTC and they implied I could send it in for warranty repair. Here's what I am worried about... I don't want to send it in, have them replace the screen or something and there be more stuck pixels etc. Been reading crap reviews of their repair service anyway.

Has anyone had any experience sending their HTC One in for repairs?

Thanks.

Attachments

• P1050254.jpg
    P1050254.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 122

aznxk3vi17

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem: a dead/stuck pixel. At extreme angles, mine actually turns bright white.

I called T-Mobile support and they sent me a warranty exchange (for a one-time fee of $20, you'd think a warranty repair would be free) and I should be receiving it tomorrow. The representative told me that if my replacement device was to have any defects, they'd send me another one free.

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately... I've got a dev edition so I have to go direct to HTC. I've heard T-mo's repair (via authorized repair center) is better than HTC direct.

aznxk3vi17

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately... I've got a dev edition so I have to go direct to HTC. I've heard T-mo's repair (via authorized repair center) is better than HTC direct.

Oh, that's a shame. I think at the very least, it couldn't hurt - worst case scenario, it happens again, and you go through the process again. Best case, you have a flawless phone.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
You're sending it in for that?! I'd hate to send it in for something so small and have greater issues with the replacement. I would never notice that. I've never understood the uproar over one dead pixel.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
That's what I am trying to decide. If it's worth it. Honestly... if it was Apple... not to make comparisons... I would and have gone in and gotten a new one. Definitely not considering going back to iPhone but I am slightly anal and trying to make myself live with it.

If there service was great... I'd do it in a heartbeat but I am worried it's going to take a LONG time or come back worse. That's what I am trying to find out here... other people's experience if any.

t3chn0s1s

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, if this helps at all... I broke my LCD and I sent my One in for repair last week to (most likely) an authorized HTC repair center. I sent it in on 6/4 via USPS Priority. They got it on 6/6. They contacted me yesterday 6/11 with the quote to repair it. I paid it right away... And they're now repairing it. I'm curious how long it will take for them to finish and get it back to me. (I sent it to Texas and I live in Nor Cal). I will post again and let you know.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, if this helps at all... I broke my LCD and I sent my One in for repair last week to (most likely) an authorized HTC repair center. I sent it in on 6/4 via USPS Priority. They got it on 6/6. They contacted me yesterday 6/11 with the quote to repair it. I paid it right away... And they're now repairing it. I'm curious how long it will take for them to finish and get it back to me. (I sent it to Texas and I live in Nor Cal). I will post again and let you know.

See I can't go that long without my phone.. A few days maybe but over a week.. No
One pixel I would care to much. If it was a bigger problem guess I wouldn't have a choice

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Sent my One back last Monday. They got it on Wednesday and quoted me $180 to replace screen on Thursday.
Paid it within minutes on Thursday, it's now the following Wednesday and it still has not shipped out. They are very
nice but just don't have too much info.

BTW dropped my phone from about 12" and it broke the screen!

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Sent my One back last Monday. They got it on Wednesday and quoted me $180 to replace screen on Thursday.
Paid it within minutes on Thursday, it's now the following Wednesday and it still has not shipped out. They are very
nice but just don't have too much info.

BTW dropped my phone from about 12" and it broke the screen!

How bad was your crack? I cracked mine too on a very short drop. The crack is a couple inches but I don't know that it's worth what I paid for the phone on contract to repair it.

Posted via Android Central App

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
There were three cracks. Two went from one side of the screen to the other and one was in the top right corner.
You couldn't see them from straight on but at any angle they were there. HTC did tell me that the warranty is not
in effect if they get the screen and it's cracked. They were really clean cracks below the surface.

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The service is painfully slow. I cracked my camera lens cover. They quoted me $90 and I paid immediately. 10 days later, the phone finally shipped.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Got my phone back Friday and the screen looks great.
However when they repaired it they somehow broke the
GPS chip! Worked perfect before I sent it in. Called them
up and thery said oops sorry send it back in! This will
probably be the deal breaker with having an HTC phone.
If I can't get it repaired quickly and correctly then I'm not
sure I want to have one. Off to find a loaner phone again!

Edit: Apparently turning on the Wi-Fi even though it's not connected has made the GPS function correctly so far. I'll test it for a few days and see if it works.

Edit again: Looks like HTC broke the GPS chip when they repaired the phone. Sending it in again.

Last edited:

Kanaav Chhibber

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey i have cracked my htc one screen, however the people at the service centre have asked me to replace the back cover of my phone too ! is there a connection ? if there isnt then i have a very strong case against htc in theconsumer forum ! so if anyone of you guys have replaced the screen please let me know asap !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678