- 117 Posts
Browser default keeps reverting to the stock HTC Internet app
Having a couple of odd issues on my HTC One; it's running stock OS, no root, etc.
I'd installed Swype and the Chrome Browser; set the default keyboard to Swype and the default browser to Chrome. However, whenever I restart the phone, the defaults for both revert to the stock HTC keyboard and the stock "Internet" app.
I found a thread about someone complaining about the keyboard issue, apparently it's due to a bug in 4.1? But a search about the stock browser becoming the default upon reboot here and on xda didn't net anything. Any thoughts re: what could be causing this and how to address?
- 06-14-2013, 11:52 PM #2
Re: Browser default keeps reverting to the stock HTC Internet app
No idea what could be causing that, but I just disable the stock browser altogether (Settings>Apps>All>Internet>Disable) and haven't had any problems. Maybe that could help?
As for the keyboard problem, it's possible that disabling "HTC Input" could solve this but I'm not sure if that would have more widespread ramifications throughout the Sense ROM. My guess is that disabling wouldn't be an option in settings if it would have adverse consequences...
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
- By kladysandroid in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 06-10-2013, 05:12 PM
- By hotrodtba in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2Replies: 7Last Post: 01-23-2012, 12:38 AM
- By sveilien in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
- By rallykid in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 21Last Post: 08-26-2010, 06:53 PM
- By zeravla531 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 5Last Post: 05-16-2010, 10:14 PM