Facebook question

Ekiiia88

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to bypass the contacts sync page? It's annoying to see it pop up everytime I log in... The only choices are: sync all, sync with existing contacts, don't sync & I always set mines to don't sync. It says you can change this later in Facebook settings, but I don't see it.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you select "Don't Sync" the first time you log in to Facebook, it shouldn't keep asking you each time you start the app (unless you log out and log in each time). To find the setting, open Facebook, then hit the menu button and tap the Settings icon. There should be a "Sync Contacts" section under "Other Settings." Tap it, and then you can change how you want to sync.

Ekiiia88

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok I see in the fb settings now. I actually do log in & log off once I'm done using Facebook, but I can see why it does that now... I always log off to save more battery instead of leaving the Facebook app open. Thanks for the info

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure logging off saves battery? In the long run, it might end up using more battery, since the processor may have to do more each time you log in and log off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app